Underpaid for my experience and competence?

Dionysus

I would not find someone I have trusted and entered into a working relationship with treating that way at all funny.

Neither would I my laughter would be at the fact the person dint realise what they were setting them self up for.

My past as a steel erector has set me up well for dealing with these situations perfectly.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noisy kids get the most !

Not on my watch!!

I recognise and reward modesty, hard work and good morals.

Drama queens and pre madonnas don't last long with me 😃

Thing is Stevie your a boss who can do every thing his staff can do and plenty more besides.

If your working for a gardener who has tagged tree work onto his business and know bugger all about it, he may not know who's good and who's not.

Thing is Stevie your a boss who can do every thing his staff can do and plenty more besides.

If your working for a gardener who has tagged tree work onto his business and know bugger all about it, he may not know who's good and who's not.

Doesn't take a genius to see if a climbers any good unfortantly it's a trade that seems to attract wanna be.

That's why I stick with lads that don't spend there time looking at it talking shop but get on and get the job done

Can't stand wining do it or do one is my attitude

Work hard, and work really hard, do the extra mile, ask the guys to stay on if almost completed a job.

If you do this and your boss cant see your worth then get another job.

As a company owner you look on things from another perspective, put yourself as an company owner point of view and be self critical, see if there is any more you can do.

If you are a genuine hard working lad and your boss taking advantage of you, then i would suggest you go somewhere else where your skills and talents get valued better.

Trouble is that alot of people think they are really,really good at this job and they just arn't.

So many young climbers with a few years contracting experiance seem to think they are the dogs danglies,perhaps in their little corner of England they are.Nothing substitutes experiance and I can only pay staff a portion of what they make me.There is not point having guys on the books if you are only covering their wages.

This happens a lot when workers think they are keeping the business afloat,no one is indispensable and there will always be someone to step in your shoes for the same wages or LESS.

This is not a swipe at the OP just my experience.

Ste

Nope.

I posted similar last week. A bloke I do some work for advertised a position at his company a while back, he was offering a good package, he got four applications none of which were suitable. Skilled labour is getting harder and harder to find these days.

Trouble is that alot of people think they are really,really good at this job and they just arn't.

So many young climbers with a few years contracting experiance seem to think they are the dogs danglies,perhaps in their little corner of England they are.Nothing substitutes experiance and I can only pay staff a portion of what they make me.There is not point having guys on the books if you are only covering their wages.

Yes i agree

And here speaks the voice of reason and experience. A competent climber is usually up and working while the new lad is gearing up and still trying to access the tree.