• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before everyone gets too excited about so-called racism: some here should try living in a place where within a ten year period it has become possible to walk through the town centre WITHOUT hearing English spoken.

Just saying.

I've lived in Coventry, Leicester and South East London and I used to quite like listening to, meeting and hearing people from different backgrounds from my own. Not bothered what language people are speaking as I walk through a town centre?!

I've lived in Coventry, Leicester and South East London and I used to quite like listening to, meeting and hearing people from different backgrounds from my own. Not bothered what language people are speaking as I walk through a town centre?!

Thats fine untill you have to compete with them for jobs

I don't think there have been any blurred lines between what is / what isn't racist in the majority of things that have came out about UKIP mps (the ones we've heard about anyway).

I must admit that I find it odd to be defending UKIP but please give me some examples of UKIP's racism.

You're right on democracy but I just don't think people should be allowed to vote for parties containing people with racist views. And I know that wouldn't create a democratic society but if voting murderers in to positions of authority seems ridiculous, what about racists?!

As I said before, it's easy to point and say 'racist' but it depends on what you define as racist. What you describe is not democracy, IMHO. You have to let the majority decide. :001_smile:

Me neither, Tories are only interested in banks and lining rich folks pockets by privatising everything and selling to their cronies. Ukip are just in it for the laugh and expenses.

And of course Tony Blair was never interested in lining his pockets and Jack Straw was never going to charge any money (£5000 a day) for influencing an outcome.

Why is it home grown worker, who speak the local lingo and have family infrastructure in this country find it so hard to compete with these foreign workers, who must be disadvantaged by not being natives???

hmmm' because Home grown worker dos'nt want to live 10/12 to a house and be paid below the minimum wage maybe

As I said before, it's easy to point and say 'racist' but it depends on what you define as racist. What you describe is not democracy, IMHO. You have to let the majority decide. :001_smile:

True. I consider this racist...

No further action against 'ting tong' UKIP MEP - BBC News

And you're right it's not democracy at all, but it would be my ideal world.

Why is it home grown worker, who speak the local lingo and have family infrastructure in this country find it so hard to compete with these foreign workers, who must be disadvantaged by not being natives???

Its because the foreign workers graft really, really hard Skyhuck. I've not done any research onthis, so this is a guess, but I wouldthink that you could explain that by the cost of living being lower in Eastern European countries than in the UK. Work here for a few years and go back him with a nice big fund saved up maybe? Contrast that with anEnglish person on a, relatively,low wage then the motivation level would be considerably different.