• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

hmmm' because Home grown worker dos'nt want to live 10/12 to a house and be paid below the minimum wage maybe

If they are on less than minimum wage the employer is a criminal.

There are a great many honest employers who prefer to employ Eastern Europeans legitimately, because they are very good workers.

Where should this stop?? How would we feel if other countries decided they did not want us importing our goods into their country??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I consider this racist...

No further action against 'ting tong' UKIP MEP - BBC News

And you're right it's not democracy at all, but it would be my ideal world.

I would consider you right. I found it in poor taste when 'Little Britain' used the same phrase. The story explained that Farage found it the same and pulled her up, but the people who were best placed to decide did not want her expelled, nor have they left the party. I also don't see where calling somebody a racist term is part of UKIP policy. By your system, the majority of the parties should be on the banned list for the actions of individual members.

If they are on less than minimum wage the employer is a criminal.

There are a great many honest employers who prefer to employ Eastern Europeans legitimately, because they are very good workers.

Where should this stop?? How would we feel if other countries decided they did not want us importing our goods into their country??

they are criminal but a lot of immigrants will work will work for less than min wage and wouldn't dream of reporting their employer.

lots will work very hard above and beyond what is reasonable for very poor pay thus ousting the local work force- seen this happen.

we dont export much anyway, not much manufacturing left here, however we import tons.

I would consider you right. I found it in poor taste when 'Little Britain' used the same phrase. The story explained that Farage found it the same and pulled her up, but the people who were best placed to decide did not want her expelled, nor have they left the party. I also don't see where calling somebody a racist term is part of UKIP policy. By your system, the majority of the parties should be on the banned list for the actions of individual members.

Wasn't even aware that phrase was used in a major comedy series, that surprises me.

But yeah, she has been suspended for some expenses swindle now.

It's not part of their policy to be inherently racist, it just so happens that I can't put my trust in people with that. Many of their other policies, predominantly the one on immigration I can't get behind though.

I see what you're saying about the actions of individual members, things like financial wrong doings like the expenses scandals are bad, but I don't know of any other party as infamous for its members racist, homophobic, misogynistic views.

Wasn't even aware that phrase was used in a major comedy series, that surprises me.

But yeah, she has been suspended for some expenses swindle now.

It's not part of their policy to be inherently racist, it just so happens that I can't put my trust in people with that. Many of their other policies, predominantly the one on immigration I can't get behind though.

I see what you're saying about the actions of individual members, things like financial wrong doings like the expenses scandals are bad, but I don't know of any other party as infamous for its members racist, homophobic, misogynistic views.

My guess would be the major parties have more friends in PR and the media. Not sure how old you are but the Tories were notorious for scandals around the time of Thatcher. It kept 'Spitting Image' going for years. New Labour became the media darlings and there was never a week went by without some scandal in the tabloids about the Conservatives. Another example would be the recent revelations about Cyril Smith, which were kept conveniently out of the public eye for years by his friends in high places. I suspect that they are all as bad as one another but some have friends with a vested interest in portraying them in a good light, while others have people looking to shoot them down at any opportunity. :001_rolleyes:

they are criminal but a lot of immigrants will work will work for less than min wage and wouldn't dream of reporting their employer.

lots will work very hard above and beyond what is reasonable for very poor pay thus ousting the local work force- seen this happen.

we dont export much anyway, not much manufacturing left here, however we import tons.

Well there you go, who can blame any employer for being attracted by that???

I think maybe I should look into employing a few :sneaky2:

Lets be perfectly honest here, a great many of our home grown workers are pretty easy to out shine, mores the pity :thumbdown: