• Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, now?

He mighta attended Gordonstoun as well as Eaton/Harrow, as well visiting his (presumably African) homeland where OBVIOUSLY (innit!|) the toddlers are encouraged to play with machetes.:lol::lol::lol:

PS

I read an account, probably in National Geographic, of a South American tribe, which, despite being ever unaware of Darwins existence, allowed his logic to rule.

In that they blythly allowed the toddlers to play with machetes, climb tall trees, play on the banks of fast flowing rivers, etc etc.

To inevetably produce better (i.e. the survivors) adults.:lol::lol::lol:

I liked their pragmatic approach.

m

What a load of tosh!

Have you ever given a straight answer in your life?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh!

Absolute truth, as best I remember, apart from my surmise as to the reasons the black Dr. appeared to approve of allowing children/toddlers to play with machetes.

Why?

Is my favourite word.

Keep asking why?

why

why

imho you were very lucky not to have your kids taken into care.

does anyone else give a toddler a machete to play with?

Eh!

Absolute truth, as best I remember, apart from my surmise as to the reasons the black Dr. appeared to approve of allowing children/toddlers to play with machetes.

Why?

Is my favourite word.

Keep asking why?

why

why

He MIGHT have attended Gordonstoun as well as Eaton/Harrow.

PRESUMABLY African.

PROBABLY in National Geographic.

Like I said a load of tosh.

Edited by eggsarascal

You wonder what Ed Miliband thinks now, "how did I get it so badly wrong, a big carved stone in Hastings? why? why did I agree to it?"

miliband-election-_3289990b.jpg

The stone carving in Hastings reminded me of another laughable Labour PM wannabe, Neil Kinnock, when his advisors told him,"Neil....you've got to be more American Neil, be Presidential"

and this is what happened - the guy was Welsh for gods sake :laugh1:

it's still a classic by any standards.......

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by scotspine1

does anyone else give a toddler a machete to play with?

Difflock is right on that, it's fairly common in some traditional societies to let their toddlers play with axes, knives, spears etc. Think about it, these tools will be the means to which these kids survive as adults so best let them get familiar with them at an early age.

There's a fad amongst lefty trendy liberal types here to let their kids do the same, it's a very stupid idea though for obvious reasons.

Then you got just plain old irresponsible parents like difflock who leave machetes and other sharp implements lying around where the kids might find them :laugh1:

Edited by scotspine1

Then you got just plain old irresponsible parents like difflock who leave machetes and other sharp implements lying around where the kids might find them :laugh1:

When I was a kid of about 7 we were allowed to light fires in the garden and have a knife, but to give a toddler a machete is asking for the kid to be taken into care.

is that Park Circus in your profile pic?

JHC

I ran the angle grinder down the edge to blunt it, until he bruised his and his Sisters fingers( & she larned sommat from THAT experience, but then she, aged about 5 or 6 branded him "quite accidently" with a red hot poker, which we only became aware of when they were well growed up)

Poker heated in the Morso Stove in the living room by the way.:lol:

It was also given to him, when relative to his bodily strength, that he could just about lift it, so first he crawled, then he walked, then finally ran, so to speak.

Then I sharpened it, along with a collect of other edged instruments.(and he still got a fingers 100% complete)

Anyway he and his cousins figgered out how to sharpen a very sharp point on a stout Ash stick.

To make a Spear to throw at each other.(Lord of the Flies anyone?) Sister in Law was having Kittens, while I chortled into my Beer.

PS

Having crashed a Kawasaki Mule at 14 or 15, he was, and is a very careful car driver.

Nicknamed "Granny G . . . .", by his contempories.

cheers

Edited by difflock