My accident

sean

Nice photos. Have fun at Calvert trust (if that is where you are going) I went about 12 months after my accident and I really enjoyed myself. Lets us know how you get on and I hope we will see some photos from there. I have been looking round my small woodland and wildflower meadow this week. I managed to dig out the ditches last week and now they are full to the top with water. I never take to camera and maybe I must get some more picture even if they are not up to your standard

Yep going to Calvert. Really looking forward to it. Would love to see some photo's and equally would love to maybe come visit some time?:001_smile:

Hi Sean, never met you before but your desire is inspirational. I'm glad that perennial contacted you. I mentioned it to the lady, Kate I think, at the arbshow just after your accident. I didn't know your full details but knew that David was in contact with you. Hope they have helped in someway.

Keep the updates coming through. They help keep our selfish mindset where it belongs..Distant memories. Top lad 👍

Hi Sean, never met you before but your desire is inspirational. I'm glad that perennial contacted you. I mentioned it to the lady, Kate I think, at the arbshow just after your accident. I didn't know your full details but knew that David was in contact with you. Hope they have helped in someway.

Keep the updates coming through. They help keep our selfish mindset where it belongs..Distant memories. Top lad 👍

Jamie, I am so grateful that you spoke with them. They have been nothing short of amazing. There is an article about how they have helped myself and my family in the current issue of the Arb Journal. Cheers dude.

You will be welcome to visit anytime. I am off to Barmouth for the weekend. Get in touch when you get home from Calvert Trust and let me know how you got on and maybe we can fix something up!

Will do. Cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Went shopping and caught a glimpse of myself in the supermarket window and had one of  those ” How the fuck did I end up in a wheelchair” moments. This wasn’t how it was supposed to be, it wasn’t in the script!. But then it obviously was because here I am, in the wheelchair. Everyday for the last 3 years has been a battle. Everyday there are obstacles, new situations to deal with and pain to combat. Not just the physical pain but the mental anguish of not being able to do things I used to. What I miss most is being able to take off for a stomp through the countryside or woodlands, aimlessly wandering. 
Yet I feel blessed because I know how much worse it could have been and I feel blessed to be surrounded by my loved ones, my Rock Susi, the kids who have been amazing and my amazing family and friends. I feel blessed that I can drive, I can take Jasper to football and sit in the freezing bloody cold as I watch him (Hmmmm maybe not blessed)? I can go places alone, I still have my freedom and with perseverance and my off road chair I can get myself places that I thought may well be beyond me, even if sometimes it does go horribly wrong and I have to dig deep to get myself through it. There are many days when I really cannot be arsed with it, that it would be easier to just stay indoors and hide. There are days when I yearn for my old life and drive myself mad thinking of all the things I can no longer do but i have to concentrate on what I can do. Susi has been saying this since the beginning and I came across a quote from Stephen Hawking which emphasises what she has been telling me. 

“My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn't prevent you doing well, and don't regret the things it interferes with. Don't be disabled in spirit, as well as physically,"

Anyway I’m still rolling up and down the road and send all my love and thanks to all those that have been there for me and my family in so many different ways. X Peace out. X

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Man thats some hard reading just there Sean..

It got me to trawling utube for some motivational videos to post up to cheer you up and give you a bit of fight for things to come, can't be easy goin from a healthy young fella to being disabled overnight..

I dare say it can't be easy just getting through a week like that, never mind months or years. I recon if it was me I'd of folded by now and thought about throwing myself off a bridge or some other way to end it all. Damn, if I have a cold or flue I get to feel like chucking it in..   in that regards your certainly made of better stuff than I am.. 

I suppose if it was me though, I'd be concentrating on the small things in this life to bring some solace to an otherwise miserable situation..  I have a saying when I visit friends and find they've bought those crappy cheap tea bags or shitty coffee to save money.. Look I  say, if you can't afford the big things in this life then at least spend some extra on the little things like tea bags.. if you can't take pleasure from the big things in life then at least take some pleasure from the little things...

And lets be honest its the little things that matter mostly anyways..  when you add it all up that is..   anyways, I'm not gonna post a motivational utube vid up, I thought I'd tell you about tea bags instead.   

I recon Steven Hawkins was on to something when he gave out that advice as well, though he might of kept his mouth shut about robots taking over the world mind..  in that regards he was way off the mark..