Let's see your home log piles

mickdundee

I suspect you will have problems with lack of air flow there, Caleb. I would suggest a layer of pallets on the floor then another line or two of pallets through the middle to reduce the chance of logs rotting in the pile. :001_smile:

Can't see it in the picture because i havent moved the barrow but there is a pallet at the bottom.

We have been storing wood there for years now without any pallet and it dries out enough as it gets the sun in the summer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could also be all the water running off the roof and splashing off the concrete onto the logs. I found that with my log store which has a front sliding roof and on a hard surface. Put a 6" board across the bottom which sorted it out.

Yep its the splashing that causes it but as all my stores are temporary and I keep it all for two yrs I dont worry too much, Ill just move em to a drier bit on the second yr.

Wont be a problem this year if I pull my finger out and build something decent.

Drying wood in suburbia is a massive problem for me all these are at the front of my house and are South facing and I struggle to get below 20% even with two summers drying

Gonna build a proper one this year (hopefully)

[ATTACH]177867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]177868[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]177869[/ATTACH]

HI KEV you need them bottom logs off the ground mate as stubby said thanks jon :thumbup:

Not much to show seeing as I have burned nearly all of it! Now working on my pile for next winter! .....

I think I'm well stocked up for next year but really onto the last dregs of dry/semi-dry wood for this winter :thumbdown:

Will try and get a photo in the next few days. The problem I have is as soon as a log store is empty it ends of full of other junk - useful off cuts of wood, tools, bits of rope, manky jackets drying, etc etc etc! So you never have anywhere to put the logs :laugh1:

I think I'm well stocked up for next year but really onto the last dregs of dry/semi-dry wood for this winter :thumbdown:

Will try and get a photo in the next few days. The problem I have is as soon as a log store is empty it ends of full of other junk - useful off cuts of wood, tools, bits of rope, manky jackets drying, etc etc etc! So you never have anywhere to put the logs :laugh1:

Now my log store is full ready for next year Ive got a turfor winch, my chopping block, a spare pallet and saw horse all on the driveway homeless. Wife's over the moon :001_rolleyes: