Is the wood stove fad over?

cessna

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bit of it, yes sales are slow for everyone it seems but the installers I talk to are as busy as ever. Just look at a small town and count the stove cowls? Someone has got to supply them

And when OPEC does get bored or those at Davos force them to watch the price of oil rocket. $200 a barrel was mentioned yesterday within five years and as for the price of cord. There simply is not enough wood being produced in this country and with most countries sending their timber to China there is going to a huge battle for who has the wood.

not according to head of BP , oil price to stay or go lower over nxt 3 years BBC News - BP boss Bob Dudley: Oil prices 'low for up to 3 years'

Me and my girlfriend are just about to start renovating an old farm house so we went to home building and renovating show in harrogate for ideas and suppliers. I couldn't believe how many stove suppliers were there stands full of people looking to put a log burner into there new build or renovation. It still seems to be fashionable to put them in wether they actually burn anything on them is a different story.

I think more and more people are having stoves fitted. Even though it's been mild I'm well up on log sales this winter but what I have noticed is the log orders are smaller amounts but I'm going to more address and everyone has log stores in there front garden. I don't think people are using burners for heat but because it is trendy.

BARRY AYRES - Home