lowering device

dangerous brian

very true dean the weld can be sitting on the surface and not got proper penetration, i have a bollard i made myself and i would trust my own welds but as you have pointed out a inexperienced welder could have built it, chance you take i suppose.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my name is Simon and it is me that had the device made and is selling them i have been working as a grounds man and climber for the last 6 years (and yes i know that's not long)

So for every one that is writing good and bad stuff :confused1: about it i`ll fill you in on it then you can make your minds up and i`ll answer any questions for you best i can

The device that dangerous brain has is a unit i had made by a professional company (not in my garden shed ) over two years ago and we have been using it are self's on jobs and has been a great help to us

I had a number of local tree surgeons ask to use it and if they could buy it off me so i decided to go down the road of seeing about manufacturing them and selling them to other tree surgeons

I have had them proof tested at dales in Manchester to 3tonne with a certificate this does not mean its its S.W.L it will have a safe working load of 1250kg i will be sending a number of these LD away to be broken to see a max proof load

You do not have to have lowering devices proof loaded i wonted to know for my self to give me an idea of a S.W.L it is up to the manufacture to give the unit its S.W.L

The item is CE marked by the company that make the LD for me

as they have to with every product they let leave the factory

The only reason i made this device for my self was that i could not afford other lowering devices at the time so had it made

So all i`m trying to do is help other people in that same situation it is not to compete with other lowering devices that are available

It is a simple device that works that people can afford and that's the bottom line

The picture i have added (at least i hope it has) is a picture of the one i have been using for two years it is not the final produce i will have them next week so if you like i can post a picture of it

The reason it has two straps on it is if one ever broke (witch has never happened to us and didn`t at the proofing) there is a second back up that will keep the machine in place with no movement at all so sending no shock though the tree like some other lowering device out there it gives you time to lower what ever is on it down safely

I will post a picture in the next week of the final item with every thing it comes with

Feed back would be nice as it is intended for you all but please keep the bitchiness down to a minimal

Thanks for reading

Regards

Simon

woodyone3.jpg.7aa8bcbe21e4093a88c3b6dd5e5701d9.jpg

woodyone.jpg.31911334675f086fb8b60ec8c51ed1f1.jpg

woodyone2.jpg.ad1c895c201fe7fa5ff9b09832378244.jpg

Hi Simon.

That is one good-looking piece of kit which, if it does what it says on the tin, will be a boon to all us cash-strapped arborists who can't afford the 'name brands'.

I saw your listing on eBay only a day before it became a topic on here, can you give me a shipping cost to Lagos, Algarve, Portugal? List it on eBay and I'll buy one straight away via PayPal.

Let me know if you can. And thanks for being inventive!

hi SIMON was hoping youd come on and fight your corner,awful lot of experts out there ,all i wanted to do was express how pleased i am with my product and get you some well earned respect,but i think your device will do that for you,nice pics,hope you get some sales from them,cheers mate and good luck,but i dont think your going to need it,cheers brian.

Lets be fair about this.....

The first pic of the alledged bollard is the one people are "dissing" :001_smile: it is something that looks as though it has been knocked up in next doors garden shed with nothing more than a hacksaw and a cheap clarkes mig welder, anyone can knock something like that out and put a demonstraion pic out using three strand nylon rope and secure it with one ton lifting strops. That device would attract critism and quite rightly so..

Now the second device is a properly thought out well made piece of kit, you can hardly critisise people for slagging off the first one when compared to a properly made product such as the last pic

Your product looks like a well made bit of kit Simon. Like Dean says, it is miles away from the first link that I put up.

Best of luck with it. Just out of interest, What price are you selling them for?

Tom