So what are your business plans/ambitions for the new year?

Steve Bullman

This last year has been a big improvement on previous years, a couple of big public commissions has put money in the bank and made the struggle to get here well worth it.

As for next year, I'm hoping to pull in enough work to go full time as a pro carver and give my Mrs a well earned break from the job she hates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in south devon at the mo but will be moving this year else to north wales or south oxfordshire. It depends on what my wife does, else try buy a salin in north wales or go open one with her friend in south oxfordshire. Hopefully know soon and get settled somewhere.

At 55, and me n the Mrs. now offically being "empty nesters", with both sprogs in recent (and hopefully prolonged) gainful employment in Belfast.

Take it easy, and enjoy life a little more than I used too.

And hope for grandchildren to spoil over the next 10 years!

And get the Baker Mill up n running.

And build another shed to house the Baker Mill

an start building log cabins (very neblous, that one)

An get the Steyr Puch Van back on the road.

And sell various other unused Veh

And finish the house, and sheds, and landscaping, and garden,

And dig a Well, in the garden.

And excavate the existing very overgrown Pond at the Risk.

And fit a remote to the winch.

And start selling fire-wood

(OOps, first need to produce firewood.)

And

and

and, mostly keep the wife happy!

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by difflock

All I really need to do this year is to buy a tractor with loader

But I guess I will need to buy a bale trailer so I can load and unload it with the loader

before feeding the bales to the cattle I will need to buy to eat the silage off the ground we bought this year.

That is after I finish fitting out the sheds on the ground we bought this year so as to be able to keep the cattle actually inside the sheds

After that we will cut some firewood

and then we may start to clearfell some conifer

but apart from that there is not a lot on the horizon

Apart from training the collie to work the sheep

Good New Year to you all out there!!:thumbup::beer::beer::beer::eating::beer::eating::beer::008::beer:

Controversially, I reckon I should put more effort into my private life. After 4 years the mrs is expecting a proposal. I'd like to get on the property ladder.

Trouble is I invest so much time into my job that these things take a back seat.

Suppose it's not all about work :)

Controversially, I reckon I should put more effort into my private life. After 4 years the mrs is expecting a proposal. I'd like to get on the property ladder.

Trouble is I invest so much time into my job that these things take a back seat.

Suppose it's not all about work :)

Take a leaf out of Steves book above

There is more to life than work some time it just does not become apparent till it's to late . We all want to give our loved ones the best but sometimes the best thing can be your time .