Motorhome £22K your kidding

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorhomes are great when there parked up/broken down in a field or atthe side of the road BUT NOT when they are hoging the road in front of me!

The drivers seem to have a knack of driving at just the right speed that is too slow to piss me off but too quick to make over taking not a life threatening maneuver:scared1:

Apart from that they are great :001_smile:

I've just been over to keighley today and passed a garage selling an 02 motorhome, I think it was an LDV or something but is was tiny and looked a right shed to me.

£22,000 :scared1:

How can people part with that sort of money for something which is basically a pile of plastic and wood jumbled together on a chassis thats worth about £2k

Some people need their heads testing

dean, you sure it didnt say £2.200 as it is an ldv :001_tongue:

The price of motorhomes and caravans never cease to amaze me. I know someone who paid £17K for a caravan then another £2k for the awning and it lives on one site - they never move it. Yet when I suggested that they would have been better with a static home - it was as if I'd suggested some awful social condition was growing on my arse! As for moving around to view different areas of the country, that had a similar response... I just don't get them, where is room service for a start!...

i'm gonna get an old royal mail hi-top long-wheel ldv at some point over the next year.

you can get a 6/7 year old one with less than 50k miles for £2k.

then get some cupboards from an old caravan and make a bed - hey presto! i will have saved £15k!

and before anyone says - my friend did this and had no problems with his ldv.

i owned a convoy for 2 years with no problems.

:P

Edited by alex_m

I think prices are risign or staying high due to more people holidaying here instead of abroad. I want one, don't mind admitting it, but it would travel and I don't see the point of parkign in a feild with a load of other people when a pub car park will do just as well.

Its the same as camping. I like camping and I hate campsites.

i'm gonna get an old royal mail hi-top long-wheel ldv at some point over the next year.

you can get a 6/7 year old one with less than 50k miles for £2k.

then get some cupboards from an old caravan and make a bed - hey presto! i will have saved £15k!

Definatly the sort of project I'll be looking at doing in the future.