EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So fat people, who need exercise, will be given a blue badge, so they can park NEARER macdonalds or wherever their feeding trough is, walking (exercising) EVEN LESS????

Yeah thats a good f idea :hmmmm2::001_rolleyes:

Narrower doors at fast food joints, and scales at the tills that show different menus according to weight would be better :thumbup:

Love it:thumbup:

The real tragedy (scandal) lies in the diversion of funds away from those truly in need of support towards those that have, through lethargy and idleness, made or accept a lifestyle that has created dependency.

That is the real problem with this judgement because although there may be a few genuine cases, it is only a matter of time before some firm of lawyers are advertising on TV for lard a***s who claim to have been discriminated against at work offering no win no fee service to take action against employers.

It is also another example of the unelected EU bureaucrats trying to impose their twisted sense of social justice on sovereign nations.

Hi all

Another step towards dependence by the EU nanny state - a shining example of a self serving dictatorship thats mucks up anything & everything for everyone else.

Self inflicted injury as far as Im concerned, unless proven otherwise.

N

I cannot understand how in these days of "Safe methods of Work" and "Risk assessments" that this Danish Creche, could safely employ someone incapable of (i) tying his shoelaces, (ii) seeing past his gut, to know they were untied and therefore a hazard, (iii) At grave risk of tripping over his untied shoelaces, and crushing a toddler/child, possibly/probably to death!

If I could draw I could sketch up a cracking cartoon explaining this sequence of events.

Anyway he sounds like a perfect Santa Claus character!

Cheers

M

Very offensive and downright ill informed thread this. Yeah there are fat lazy people. There are others who got hit by a drunk driver breaking 16 bones in their body and after 6 years not exactly able to walk. Peg tube fed and metabolism trashed; now "fat" as you call them.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: to the lot of you judgemental rakes.

When I said that I would not be surprised if 90% of people claiming disability benefits were either making it up, self inflicted, or lacking in Headgroundsman's spirit, I thought I was being generous in leaving the other 10% to genuine and worthy folk.

Do not forget that it is these folk who suffer most from the other 90%, not only with the labelling but also the lack of funds and resources which should be sent in their direction and not to the unworthy.

When I said that I would not be surprised if 90% of people claiming disability benefits were either making it up, self inflicted, or lacking in Headgroundsman's spirit, I thought I was being generous in leaving the other 10% to genuine and worthy folk.

Do not forget that it is these folk who suffer most from the other 90%, not only with the labelling but also the lack of funds and resources which should be sent in their direction and not to the unworthy.

100% correct, the vast percentage of DLA recipitents here in NI carry a stick as a stylish accessory, as is clear from the swanky way the twirl it about when walking:lol::lol:

As opposed to the few who clearly use the stick as an aid to walking.

The other glaring discrepancy is the virtual absence of wheel-chairs?

Anywhere!

Despite the plethora of blue badge cars.

Everywhere.

Absolutely, I don't understand why it's the genuine cases who are the first to jump to the defence of the parasites and wasters when it's them (the deserving ones) who ultimately suffer the most due to abuse of the system.

Very few of us I would suggest want to see the welfare state dismantled nor begrudge anyone in genuine need the benefit of it, after all, there but for the grace of god etc, etc. But it's abuse is rife, most of us see it happening day in, day out, and to deny it in the first place never mind not do anything about it, just adds to the resentment among those of us who keep our heads down, work away, and pay for it!

It is in most cases a lifestyle choice not a disability. I do feel angry when I see a family of weebles walking through the supermarket, filling their trolley with processed crap, but what makes me really angry is seeing those poor fat kids who are being fed this rubbish by parents who can't be bothered to peel vegetables, but would rather turn the deep fat fryer on or stick something in the microwave.

Often, they can't even wait to get home, but sit in the car park filling their faces with crisps or ready cooked chicken, or whatever comes out of the carrier bag first.

Sorry, I'm normally quite liberal.

One glaring thing that came out of my ill health was the modern system. I was eligible for support while ill, fair enough, I'd paid into the system all my life and I qualified when I needed it, it was topped up with private sickness insurance. But when I felt well enough to return to work, the assessor in the office did all she could to convince me that I'd be better off to keep claiming "for as long as possible, that's what it's there for." I told her I didn't care, I wanted to return to work and get back at it. I was allowed 14 days "cooling off" period in case I changed my mind. IMO utterly ridiculous and encourages the "benefits Britain" that this state has become.