What does a spark screen do?

Woodworks

Are the Sparks caused from the carbon deposits? If so, if a saw is run on aspen from day one, there will be no carbon deposits, therefore won't even need a spark screen? Would I be correct in thinking like that?

You could be right in theory but in real life my 7900 is run on Aspen from day one and it spits fire like a dragon. Okay, a little mini dragon. But it spits sparks and burns bark a lot.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Sparks caused from the carbon deposits? If so, if a saw is run on aspen from day one, there will be no carbon deposits, therefore won't even need a spark screen? Would I be correct in thinking like that?

Is it compulsory in sweeden to run aspen josh?

Not had too much to do with Solo saws, no reason why they shouldn't respond to a bit of porting!

Well I might have a look at the muffler and see if there's a screen in it, that seems a good place to start. From a quick glance it looks like a completely sealed box though but I've not looked closely.

Like your thinking but aspen 2 still has oil in so i would think it would cause carbon deposits.

Don't know about Sweden but in Denmark, an alkylate fuel is compulsory if cutting in their version of SSSI or within national parks.

Like your thinking but aspen 2 still has oil in so i would think it would cause carbon deposits.

As you say, alkylate fuel will still form carbon particulates; but much reduced.

Im pretty sure its not compulsory no, but its just the done thing to use aspen.

Dealers recommend it like a jo-ho recommends religion, machines come with aspen stickers on saying to only fill with aspen, aspen or equivalent is available at every fuel garage AND I get aspen at about £1.85 a litre at todays exchange rate :thumbup:

Id never willingly go back to pump fuel

Im pretty sure its not compulsory no, but its just the done thing to use aspen.

Dealers recommend it like a jo-ho recommends religion, machines come with aspen stickers on saying to only fill with aspen, aspen or equivalent is available at every fuel garage AND I get aspen at about £1.85 a litre at todays exchange rate :thumbup:

Id never willingly go back to pump fuel

Got ya, at that price it's much more exeptable, here it's about £2.70 per lt, really want to use it but it will treble my yearly fuel bills.