Very large amounts of elm available

Big J

Big j didn't beg for money people donated, he was trying to sell stuff to help with the vet Bill. Does this mean with everyone we help on here has to pay it back once they are back on track?? . You sound bitter and I can't understand why, I will continue to help people on here as and when I can.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes things just don't work on the Internet.

I'm sure if the whole thing had played out in a pub over a few months J and Paul would be having a beer together.

You just can't get the big picture sometimes from a few lines of text.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

This really upsets me as not so long ago you made the point of coming across as as needing help with an injured dog when in reality you are better off than most of us on here ? I actually sent you money to help ? what a wake up call . Bad in my view .

Just the same as the other guy whos post seems to have vanished ? Help fix my forwarder lol ?

Who's going to fix my chipper and tools . Oops and the strimmer that broke on a contract ?

There is some cheeky or rather greedy ***** on here :2gunsfiring_v1:

You yourself asked for donations and I graciously offered mine . Which as you said was happily received by you and yours . Although the elm you are selling did not grow to that value over 10 months ................... It just hinders me helping another arbtalker in a similar situation .. Just sounds wrong to me , which means it probably is . I hope one of Arbtalks sensible mods would explain this to the chief . Please stop people begging its just not want the general crowd want after a day at work ? Regards all Paul Bell

Your last sentence says it all ... He is and does sound suspect . I aint touched a drop fella . Most arbtalkers by now should think twice before parting with cash to that person who they know as Big J ? Never again shall I give to a beggar from this site . I know this to be true because most on here are decent 100% true to life people and would not even think about begging .

I,m also glad to hear of the recovery .

I love my dogs ....both of them but to encourage charity when 10 months down the line your potentially making £15,000 + is wrong just so wrong .

Not an honourable man by any standards . Definitely not a man of my liking ..

So many people have already told me so ? Walk on fella Big J that is ..................

These have to be some of the most despicable posts I read on here :thumbdown:

Firstly John did not "beg", he offered some stuff for sale, with a back story stating the reason for the sale.

You cannot say he's going to make £15K, what did the timber cost him?? how long did it take to mill??, what are his overheads?? I thought you ran your own business? Surely you know that turnover means nothing.

As for him lacking honour!!, I think you are the one who lacks honour, you CHOSE to give, no one pressured you, but now your bitching about it?:confused1:

And even if you feel you regret donating (of your own free will) why make these posts? Simple decide not to give in future.

IMO your posts have painted you in a very poor light indeed :thumbdown:

You yourself asked for donations and I graciously offered mine . Which as you said was happily received by you and yours . Although the elm you are selling did not grow to that value over 10 months ................... It just hinders me helping another arbtalker in a similar situation .. Just sounds wrong to me , which means it probably is . I hope one of Arbtalks sensible mods would explain this to the chief . Please stop people begging its just not want the general crowd want after a day at work ? Regards all Paul Bell

I was in the same position when Fred had his accident really struggled financially arbtalk stepped in & helped & I will always be grateful for that. As times gone on an insurance company has began to provide us with loss of earnings & expenses.

I've had no bad feeling directed at me from arbtalk but have locally so give him a break.

I,m also glad to hear of the recovery .

I love my dogs ....both of them but to encourage charity when 10 months down the line your potentially making £15,000 + is wrong just so wrong .

Not an honourable man by any standards . Definitely not a man of my liking ..

So many people have already told me so ? Walk on fella Big J that is ..................

I honestly don't know how to respond to that.

You've clearly made your mind up that I invented a sob story about my dog to fleece a few unsuspecting Arbtalkers out of a couple hundred quid. Infact, now you come to mention it, the 3000 plus posts I've accrued here have all been building up to pulling off this scam! :sneaky2:

If you are going to attach strings to donations you make, I'd suggest you don't make donations in future. You strike me as a very bitter individual and I'd ask you, do you have any experience of running your own business? Running a sawmill is a very capital heavy endevour and the day to day costs are also extremely high. I did figure out earlier in the year that I have to make £150-170 a day before I make a penny profit,before I could pay back any finance/save up for new equipment, before I can buy timber or pay wages. That is quite a noose around your neck and a poor month of sales (which happens to us all) can empty any reserve you have.

As I said Paul, send me your bank details and I shall return your donation. I'd strongly suggest you make no further donations to anyone in future as I would not want them to suffer having their business/personal affairs dissected/slandered in the months and years that follow.

You've clearly made your mind up that I invented a sob story about my dog to fleece a few unsuspecting Arbtalkers out of a couple hundred quid. Infact, now you come to mention it, the 3000 plus posts I've accrued here have all been building up to pulling off this scam! :sneaky2:

If you are going to attach strings to donations you make, I'd suggest you don't make donations in future. You strike me as a very bitter individual and I'd ask you, do you have any experience of running your own business? Running a sawmill is a very capital heavy endevour and the day to day costs are also extremely high. I did figure out earlier in the year that I have to make £150-170 a day before I make a penny profit,before I could pay back any finance/save up for new equipment, before I can buy timber or pay wages. That is quite a noose around your neck and a poor month of sales (which happens to us all) can empty any reserve you have.

As I said Paul, send me your bank details and I shall return your donation. I'd strongly suggest you make no further donations to anyone in future as I would not want them to suffer having their business/personal affairs dissected/slandered in the months and years that follow.

Hi BIG JOHN now I would let go over your head now your a good chap mate keep up the good work thanks Jon

A very even & quality reply, considering the provocation. :thumbup1:

Good luck with the dog, the child & the business.