Take care out there guys!!

cjw89

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! As a terminal pendant who steps on the grollies

Pendant ! hang about a bit. You are probably a pedant, too many hens :lol: I do that as well using odd words in the wrong contest ;) I thought shall I put this in or not, caught on the horns of a diploma :thumbup:

Edited by peatff

TY its a pretty low blow slagging a guy who's just had a serious injury. If you want a cut and hold thread then start one....

I wish him a speedy recovery.

That said, anyone who doesn't one hand a topper is still a novice climber and wouldn't cut the mustard at my company. There's a time and place for it of course, but not being able to meet production targets should also be a sackable offence.

TY its a pretty low blow slagging a guy who's just had a serious injury. If you want a cut and hold thread then start one....

I wish him a speedy recovery.

That said, anyone who doesn't one hand a topper is still a novice climber and wouldn't cut the mustard at my company. There's a time and place for it of course, but not being able to meet production targets should also be a sackable offence.

My argument was why use a topper to reduce a 15' hornbeam?

That's taking a gun to a knife fight!

Good heads-up for all of us though cjw. Accidents can happen to anyone.

Hope the op goes well tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yes went through minor tendons and muscles. Trying to attach pics but cant work out how to do it through mobile. Not looking for sypathey here, just making you guys aware of the damage that can happen.

You should be trying to attach your arm rather than pics if you severed it.

Must admit it does look severe.

Get well soon :thumbup1:

I used to use the arm protectors when they first came out. Apart from encouraging cut and hold because of perceived safety, the saw tended to skid along the sleeve and grab your wrist if you got it wrong. Fortunately, this only happened once and I was quick enough to release saw and branch to get my hand out of the way.

Never wore them again. I still cut an hold from time to time and am much, much more careful about it.