Take care out there guys!!

cjw89

Utter rubbish IMO.

Accidents do happen, with all the training in the world and shed loads of experience, paying full attention, following all the rules, etc, etc, things still go wrong, its not possible to always predict every possible consequent of an action.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

The only people who make no mistakes are the ones who do nothing.

To the OP, hope you heal fast and get back at it real soon :thumbup1:

:thumbup: Spot on

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty looking cut mate , never a clean wound from a chainsaw , hope you heal quick ! It became apparent to me a long time ago that carrying out seemingly low risk activities ( ie a 15 ft tree ) seem to result in more injuries etc than the more potentially dangerous ones ( ie 90 ft tree ) this is probably because we are less " focused " on danger , I have hurt myself a few times ( not serious ) doing such things such as trapping fingers whilst shutting tailgate , breaking thumb in steering wheel whilst off road in non power steering vehicle etc ... but fortunately never cut myself or boots or trousers either .

I shall be showing this thread to my new apprentice and new subby fresh from a French college.

The French are not discouraged from using the cut and hold technique and use kevlar gauntlettes on their forearms as protection instead.

If you've not recently left college then maybe you won't be as up to date as younger fellows with regard to the dangers.

There does seem to be 2 groups at risk, the older experienced and the unqualified.

What shocks me is that the O.P's manner doesn't express more regret or sorrow.

I banned this technique from being used in our company on pain of dismissal. I consider this wound to be worthy of a charge of gross misconduct as I would also speeding in a company vehicle or losing, abusing company equipment.

I'm suprised more of you have not the 'goujons' to shout more and sympathise less.

Ty

Aye when they bite they bite . Chainsaw sleeves would of prevented this ? Then again how many people wear chainsaw sleeves ? I own a pair but never wear them . Seriously I,m going to make a point of wearing them from now on full stop . Thanks for posting . Things like this need to be put up as it shows that saws will bite and are totally undiscriminating . No matter how many years you have been in the game . All the best just hope its not your drinking arm :thumbup1: When your return to work treat your saw with more respect just as a jedi would his lightsabre :biggrin:. Don't fear it as it earns you money but on the flip side it can easily loose you money . Regards Paul

FFs guys climb off of your moral or alleged professional soap boxes , the guy has posted some pics of an incident that he had whilst working , unless you are squeaky clean and have never ever done a thing that goes against any sort of rule,professional conduct or law then you really are in no position to be so critical . There are many many college students that use the forum as part of education and experience gaining , this is what they need to see ! What happens when it does go wrong or you make a not so wise decision .

Ditto. :thumbup1:

Seriously the holier than thou's should perhaps refrain from adding negative comments to posts like these.

Usually every "accident" is a situation that could have been avoided. Being honest & open about such occurrences serves as a timely reminder that we are all human and to "err" is within our remit as sentient beings. None of us are infallible!

I don't wish to make it personal, but Ty I have always held your posts in high regard, but on this occasion, and on this matter, (IMHO) I feel you have waded in below the belt sir. :thumbdown:

Making a mistake IS nothing to be ashamed of! Learning from it and warning others should be the proper and commendable approach. The alternative is to wrap ourselves in cottonwool and avoid getting out of bed in the morning............... just in case!

Ditto. :thumbup1:

Making a mistake IS nothing to be ashamed of! Learning from it and warning others should be the proper and commendable approach. The alternative is to wrap ourselves in cottonwool and avoid getting out of bed in the morning............... just in case!

Well said :thumbup1:

I shall be showing this thread to my new apprentice and new subby fresh from a French college.

The French are not discouraged from using the cut and hold technique and use kevlar gauntlettes on their forearms as protection instead.

If you've not recently left college then maybe you won't be as up to date as younger fellows with regard to the dangers.

There does seem to be 2 groups at risk, the older experienced and the unqualified.

I banned this technique from being used in our company on pain of dismissal. I consider this wound to be worthy of a charge of gross misconduct as I would also speeding in a company vehicle or losing, abusing company equipment.

I'm suprised more of you have not the 'goujons' to shout more and sympathise less.

Ty

It's easy enough to "shout" when you refuse to accept that these things happen , why should the O.P show and sorrow or regret ? It has happened and he has had the "goujons" to shre his experience on here . Is that not sorrow or regret in its self ? . So why show your apprentice or new employe the pictures if it has already been made clear that one handed saw use is forbidden ? .

Ty

:confused1: Why??? so others would not post such incidents in the future?????

It took balls for this guy to post, it will have hurt like hell when he did it and will hurt further before its healed, he's going to be hit hard in the pocket, etc,etc…..

Is all that not enough for YOU?????? Don't kick the guy while he's down:thumbdown: