T540xp vibration mounts damaged!

JosephD

Me and Huck along with many others have saws that have fallen in half . It will sooner or later .

The dealers repaired my broken mount under warranty, I got the saw back Friday last week and today the bloody thing won't start its been a nightmare I wish I never bought it

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt there's a design fault in this saw at the minute, but are you lads high-clipping your saw?

Saves a lot of grief all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Second that, mines fine.. that said if there's an upgraded spring I'll have it :D

No doubt there's a design fault in this saw at the minute, but are you lads high-clipping your saw?

Why should we have to???? I've been throwing my 020's and catching the strop at the base of the saw and sliding it down for 20 years without any problems at all, my two 201's has been thrown without issue.

I clip high when it suits, but chucking is much quicker for much of my work.

I used a caritool for the first time today and am amazed at what I've been missing, used to have a small bina attached to the strop when I climbed full time but the caritool is so much easier.

Why should we have to???? I've been throwing my 020's and catching the strop at the base of the saw and sliding it down for 20 years without any problems at all, my two 201's has been thrown without issue.

I clip high when it suits, but chucking is much quicker for much of my work.

You carry on throwing your gutless little bitches around then.

I'll treat my beautiful lady with the respect she deserves!

Seriously Huck, throwing a pro saw on a strop is part of what we do sometimes, some situations warrant it, but it should be minimised.

The 540 should be able to take it more than it can, obviously.

FTR I've broken 3 hooks on O2O's and 200's, one by dragging, two by chucking.

I was going to say the same the other day.

I've had my 540 for 16 months, I'm a team leader so climb nearly all day 6 days a week and to date no problems.

I clip the saw up as much as I can, dropping saws on the strops is gonna damage any saw eventually. I work with boys who regularly break chain brake handles on MS200T's, some people are just a little more 'rough' with their gear than others

You carry on throwing your gutless little bitches around then.

I'll treat my beautiful lady with the respect she deserves!

Seriously Huck, throwing a pro saw on a strop is part of what we do sometimes, some situations warrant it, but it should be minimised.

The 540 should be able to take it more than it can, obviously.

FTR I've broken 3 hooks on O2O's and 200's, one by dragging, two by chucking.

You much be rough then, I've never had one fail.