Brand New Security Website

Steve Bullman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you talked of stickers for the tools in some super sticky material, how about some larger stickers in normal material, (cheaper?) material for trucks/van, with some thing like, "all power tools registered on arbsafe" or something like.

Advertising your site, hopefully putting off thief's?

I know you talked of stickers for the tools in some super sticky material, how about some larger stickers in normal material, (cheaper?) material for trucks/van, with some thing like, "all power tools registered on arbsafe" or something like.

Advertising your site, hopefully putting off thief's?

Certainly going to have larger ones for chippers and the likes. Could do truck stickers too, good idea :thumbup1:

Just a reminder for those that missed it that there is £500 worth of Stihl gear up for grabs. All you have to do is register at http://www.arbsafe.co.uk and add at least one asset and you're automatically in the prize draw....couldn't be simpler! :)

Also still trying to build up twitter and facebook followers so if you able to like/follow please do so and share with your own followers....lets make a difference together!

Great idea and free! You will never be a millionaire this way mate:001_smile:

Haha...I think I chose the wrong industry to be in if I want to be a millionaire!

Seriously though, I have invested a considerable amount of money, and even more time into this project. All I care about is that it works and makes a difference...get on board people!

Hi Steve - can the search function of the site be expanded to allow for more general searches? I have just uploaded details of a Greenmech chipper I had stolen a couple of years ago and when searching 'Greenmech' triggers no results (even though there are now 2 listed on the site as stolen). I'm just thinking what would pc plod look for if they used the site whilst trying to identify a recovered machine missing its serial numbers? Just a thought.

Hi Steve - can the search function of the site be expanded to allow for more general searches? I have just uploaded details of a Greenmech chipper I had stolen a couple of years ago and when searching 'Greenmech' triggers no results (even though there are now 2 listed on the site as stolen). I'm just thinking what would pc plod look for if they used the site whilst trying to identify a recovered machine missing its serial numbers? Just a thought.

Hi, yes it could be expanded, problem is as the site grows and theres more and more items, using a broad term such as greenmech or chainsaw could potentially return hundreds of items to sift through. I'm not sure its entirely necessary? Can you pull up your machine in search by model number?

Yes, it comes up then, but if the serial number plate is removed from these there is nothing to identify the model number to the uninitiated. I would imagine that this is the same with a lot of woodchippers. It isn't so much of an issue for potential purchasers looking to but as there is a good chance they know what model they are looking for/at - I am sure that I read somewhere the police have such a poor hit rate for identifying stolen plant as they don't actually know what they are looking at or recording. eg all diggers are reported as JCBs. I can't see many policemen knowing the difference between a chipper, woodchipper, wood chipper, wood-chipper, shredder etc if searching a database, and identifying a model number on a machine that has had its identity removed would be almost impossible. Just a thought really.