Brand New Security Website

Steve Bullman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I did not get back to you a few weeks ago with my comments Steve, but was rather busy at the time.

However, I do see this as a major asset, but only if it becomes the one and only site for registration of kit, and this requires the site to be known beyond the Arbtalk Community.

As a dealer I can see the benefit to my customers, both commercial and domestic, of registration.

We could possibly provide customers with the details of the site when they purchase a new machine. We would need some counter top advertising and flyers to achieve this.

Absolutely. I said this to most people I spoke to at the show. The site has to have mass for it to ever have any benefit. I have done as much as I can, now its over to the end users to do something for themselves and get registered.

I did have a small run of leaflets printed up for the show, but I shall be getting more done as soon as the site gets police approval which is currently pending. I will send you some, also A2 or A3 posters if you can accomodate them

Steve the sponcer beaing stihl have you been in talks at all about transfering they have on database to yours ?

This isn't really possible due to data protection etc etc. Stihl are being very proactive though and will be carrying out marketing on my behalf, including distributing leaflets to their dealer network to be given out with each machine purchase.

Absolutely. I said this to most people I spoke to at the show. The site has to have mass for it to ever have any benefit. I have done as much as I can, now its over to the end users to do something for themselves and get registered.

I did have a small run of leaflets printed up for the show, but I shall be getting more done as soon as the site gets police approval which is currently pending. I will send you some, also A2 or A3 posters if you can accomodate them

Some flyers and posters will be good Steve. We may possibly decide to register customers new kit for them at the point of sale, but they may of course not wish us to do it for them for privacy reasons. I wonder if a small charge for this service would be in order?

The day may come when we can check machines that are brought in for service against this register, especially ones that have been bought secondhand off the bay.

Some flyers and posters will be good Steve. We may possibly decide to register customers new kit for them at the point of sale, but they may of course not wish us to do it for them for privacy reasons. I wonder if a small charge for this service would be in order?

The day may come when we can check machines that are brought in for service against this register, especially ones that have been bought secondhand off the bay.

Crikey, its hard enough getting people to sign up for free, even when theres £500 worth of Stihl gear to be won! :001_smile:

Hows about the following:

I, the machine owner can buy stickers with a unique element to me (qr code or similar?).

Then any associated dealerships (assuming stihl get all their dealership on side and the others catch on too) get a way to scan that sticker and can see instantly whether or not a machine the scan is kosher.

Qr codes are easy, scanning them is cheap with a smart phone, connecting the codes to the database can't be that hard if all it needs is a red or green (OK or stolen).

I'll pm you my bank details for the royalty payments.

:thumbup::thumbup:Added my first saw this morning.. gonna add the rest later, This truly is a fantastic Idea Steve and I'll certainly be donating once all saws added.. Innovation in equipment we expect as tech improves but Arbtalk and it's followers amaze me more and more. Excellent work:thumbup::thumbup: