tax discs and new law

hedgesparrow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a lot of fuss about nothing, there is nothing we can do about it so we gotta just get on with it. People seen to get so worked up about thing over which they have no control. Why worry about other peoples issues, just bother about your own.

i was just posting it so it was made aware to a large audience. hate to see anyone get stopped or flashed and get £100 fine due to not knowing of this new system.

i was just posting it so it was made aware to a large audience. hate to see anyone get stopped or flashed and get £100 fine due to not knowing of this new system.

I wasn't aiming it at you Hedgesparrow, just other people flying off at a tangent of what ifs. :)

Seems a lot of fuss about nothing, there is nothing we can do about it so we gotta just get on with it. People seen to get so worked up about thing over which they have no control. Why worry about other peoples issues, just bother about your own.

Exactly.

And they new system is easier for everyone except the dishonest minority.

As I read it the government always gets a whole month of tax for every transaction or is there a work around?

Say you sell a car tomorrow, you lose till the end of the month, new owner still has to pay from beginning of month till tomorrow.

If the police and traffic wardens have access to the DVLA database and can check chassis numbers then I suppose it doesn't matter. They don't like you driving without a plate thats for sure, I got pulled the other day having forgotten to put a plate on the trailer, £100 on the spot fine!

£100 fine? Why couldn't they just point out your trailer had no plate, you apologise and fit the plate immediately and off you both go on your separate ways?

Why does it have to cost £100? Just more poxy tax on working folk, that's why!

My lad rode round in a Cabstar pickup with no back plate for ages. I kept telling him about it, how it stood out like a sore thumb and how he will be stopped and fined.

His reply was that without the plate the truck looked just like a gyppo truck and no copper would ever stop him in case it was. He even said he had a copper behind him in town for a good while and he never bothered.

So next time don't just forget the trailer plate, make sure you take all of them off. :001_rolleyes:

I've never understood why we have the system in the modern era at all. It has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle, whether the vehicle's insured or the legitimacy of the person driving the vehicle. It generates a whole bureaucracy to run it and a minor industry in forgeries.

If the government want to be paid for the pleasure of putting a vehicle on the road slap a penny on fuel: that would raise more revenue (I guess), save the bureaucracy and drivers would pay only for what they use.

Oh now steady Nepia. You're introducing common sense into the mix here and our esteemed Government just won't allow that!

Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

As I read it the government always gets a whole month of tax for every transaction or is there a work around?

Say you sell a car tomorrow, you lose till the end of the month, new owner still has to pay from beginning of month till tomorrow.

Make the transaction at the end of a month.

Make the transaction at the end of a month.

Quite right but it was ever thus, if you bought a car without tax there was always a temptation to leave it till the end of the month.

For those saying you would get fined and didn't know etc, today I got a reminder through and the changes are written on the OUTSIDE of the letter