Timberwolf launches the All-New TW 230DHB

Steve Bullman

230.jpg

Timberwolf launches the All-New TW 230DHB

New Timberwolf gets more chipping and crushing power beneath a comfortably familiar and legendary silhouette yet remains under the crucial 750kg weight limit.

The ‘230’ designation has a very special meaning at Timberwolf, signifying a unique new model not a mere upgrade from an existing model.

The TW 230DHB may look similar to the TW 150DHB that came before, but is clearly a new model inside and out. The new TW 230DHB is new from the ground up and shares less than 10 major components from the TW 150DHB.

The larger and more powerful chipping rotor is only one of several features that distinguish the 2014 TW 230DHB which also comes with, open top funnel, wide rollers with extra-large throat and exceptional crushing power with quad-force rollers.

While retaining the basic silhouette of the renowned TW 150DHB, the new TW 230DHB chipper is a clear step-up in terms of throughput, strength and serviceability. With a wider axle and a deeper chassis beam the new TW 230DHB chipper has a more powerful and purposeful stance. These characteristics are more than cosmetic changes; the chipper is more powerful and no stone has been left unturned in the pursuit of strength and durability to match performance whilst still being under that magic 750kg figure.

With both performance and safety in mind, Timberwolf engineers have designed extra strength into every critical component throughout the machine to ensure it can give top level performance day after day, year after year.

In today’s modern world ‘serviceability’ and ‘up-time’ are as important as chipping performance and throughput; all service items have easy access (including the anvil) and there is even a central greasing system to help make the regular service schedule a doddle.

The all-new TW 230DHB chipper goes on sales from 1st September 2014 and will be officially launched at the APF show at the Ragley Estate in Warwickshire from the 18th to 20th September 2014.

If you would like to know more about this amazing machine, click here.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is all on the website mate -

TW 230DHB Chipper MACHINE SPECIFICATION

Engine Kubota V1505 SAEJ1352 4 cyl water cooled diesel engine

Fuel Diesel

Max dia. infeed 160mm (6.3”)

Feed Method Twin hydraulic rollers c/w Auto Feed Control

Blades 135mm x 100mm Double sided blades fully hardened

Throughput Over 5 tonnes per hour

Drive Direct 3 belts

Ave. Chip Size 18mm

Weight 749kg

Discharge Rotates through 270 degrees

Length 3304mm (tray up) 3842mm (tray down)

Width 1510mm

Height 2175mm (Chute on)

Tank cap. 18 litres (4 gallons)

Spare Road Wheel No

Hour Meter Yes

Ave. Fuel Cons. >8 hrs chipping per day

Rotor Dia 595mm x 25mm

Rotor Weight 66kg

Rotor Speed 1920 rpm

I had figured that the weight reads 749kg but does not state when fully fuelled it then lists a fuel capacity further down the spec . So can only guess that the chipper weighs more when fuelled ??

He throughput per hour really is not that obvious , I don't think I have ever seen a spec sheet with an over .. Tons per hour , usually I would expect to see up to .. Tons per hour which would indicate that the manufacturer knows pretty accurately how much their chipper can chip per hour . But I can understand that maybe the TW has not been trialled enough to know that yet

I had figured that the weight reads 749kg but does not state when fully fuelled it then lists a fuel capacity further down the spec . So can only guess that the chipper weighs more when fuelled ??

He throughput per hour really is not that obvious , I don't think I have ever seen a spec sheet with an over .. Tons per hour , usually I would expect to see up to .. Tons per hour which would indicate that the manufacturer knows pretty accurately how much their chipper can chip per hour . But I can understand that maybe the TW has not been trialled enough to know that yet

I'm pretty sure that weight will be when fully fuelled, but don't quote me on that. I did ask Timberwolf this before though.

As for the tonnage. I would assume the chipper chips comfortably a little over 5 ton. Putting something like '5.026' ton per hour would be a little pedantic perhaps.