Timberwolf launches the All-New TW 230DHB

Steve Bullman

what cost are we looking at,

Since the enactment of the competitions act we are not allowed to dictate what price a Timberwolf dealer sells his (or her) chippers for so I cannot give you a definitive price.

What I can say is the machine has been priced to be very competitive in the market place and will probably sell for several hundred pounds more than a 150DHB or approximately £2000 less than a Forst ST6.

This is not a headline grabbing 'low marketing' price and we will be holding prices steady with the dealers for a minimum of 6 months and then will do an inflationary review only.

By investing in the latest computer software we have been able to create an amazingly compact chipper that has all its strength in all the right places with nothing wasted in pursuit of ultimate strength; it is this efficiency in design that has enabled us to keep manufacturing costs down so we can offer you the most bang for your buck through a fully supported dealer network.

Regards

Richard

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the enactment of the competitions act we are not allowed to dictate what price a Timberwolf dealer sells his (or her) chippers for so I cannot give you a definitive price.

What I can say is the machine has been priced to be very competitive in the market place and will probably sell for several hundred pounds more than a 150DHB or approximately £2000 less than a Forst ST6.

This is not a headline grabbing 'low marketing' price and we will be holding prices steady with the dealers for a minimum of 6 months and then will do an inflationary review only.

By investing in the latest computer software we have been able to create an amazingly compact chipper that has all its strength in all the right places with nothing wasted in pursuit of ultimate strength; it is this efficiency in design that has enabled us to keep manufacturing costs down so we can offer you the most bang for your buck through a fully supported dealer network.

Regards

Richard

what about a trailer for the inpending tracky version:biggrin:

Erm, I'm not sure. We normally have trailers built to our specification/dimensions by Brian James Trailers. Are you asking about these or are you looking for something very specific?

Regards

Richard

Did you see the discussion in the other 230 thread Richard? We were saying how awesome it would be to have a custom trailer for a tracked machine which lowered to allow the machine to be used on the trailer like a regular tow behind if required. With the size of the market place that might be prohibitively expensive...Would be a tidy unit though if it could be done

Did you see the discussion in the other 230 thread Richard? We were saying how awesome it would be to have a custom trailer for a tracked machine which lowered to allow the machine to be used on the trailer like a regular tow behind if required. With the size of the market place that might be prohibitively expensive...Would be a tidy unit though if it could be done

Thanks for the memory jog! Yes I did see that and I did pass some info onto our design director.

OK - I will look into it. Are you coming to the APF?

If so I can discuss it with you in more detail and show you some ideas we have.

Regards

Richard

no wont be there, iv got 1, off the 150 trailers ,works ok prob needs updating etc,will get some pics of it set up ,dont be alarmed @ what its carrying :laugh1:

One thing that worries me is that with the new legislation being a 750kg weight limit how are you managing to save weight?

Are you using a thinner steel? lightweight bearings? more plastic?

I would worry that all these chippers that are sub 750kg are made down to a spec and are not going to last in the long term.

Take for instance the Vermeer 625, I have one of these and the thing is 15 years old and bomb proof. Yes i have replaced the engine but things like the bearings are so over engineered and the steel is nice and thick so it lasts forever.

I doubt that these new chippers will still be around in 15 years time.

And if these chippers are so well made why didn't you make them lightweight before the new legislation?