Warning GRAPHIC PICTURES chainsaw injury!

Gnarlyoak

It is always the "why the hell did I do that" situations that get us in to these issues.

One thing to learn is that when faced with such issues, you listen to that litle voice saying "you shouldn't be doing that" and not ignoring it thinking, I can do it, it may just work......:001_rolleyes:

Get better soon bud, sounds like lady luck was with you despite the claret:thumbup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play for posting chap. Had 2 K wires put in my thumb the other year, now got no joint so cant bend my right thumb. All due to crap work positioning, rushing, trying to feed to blokes on a chipper and cutting and chucking with the wrong hand combined with ivy. Feel for you. Heal quick.

managed to rip open my left hand a few years ago whilst (and don't laugh at this) holding the turned finial in my left hand and with the battery drill in the other that had a forstener bit in it, i commenced drilling...

i succeeded in drilling the recess in the finial but it then slipped and i ripped a large part of the skin from my left hand. basically the bit between my thumb and finger was lifted open in a flap like bit about 1/4" thick showing the underside on my skin.

i got off lightly and i'm glad it was nothing like this.

the only benefit i got was a fascinating lesson in hand anatomy that the student nurse didn't seem to have the stomach for.

Hope you get well soon, thanks for posting.

I suppose it would be much less embarrassing not to admit to minor accidents and near misses, but it's posts about acidents like these that serve as a reminder for us all to take care when working. Even experienced professional can make mistakes.

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your injury, but posting may serve as a caution to those who think they may 'get away with it'

Is it worth considering a pair of these in future? I find they dont restrict movement but do offer some protection to arms:

SIP chainsaw protection sleeve | F R Jones and Son

Hope you make full recovery

N

That's a nasty one , I'm sure we have all cut one handed while pushing over a stub but if it's bigger than the bar length it's an accident waiting to happen . This is more directed at beginners than anything else . Hope that heals well , good post ...