The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

Good point about the State Pension.
The ‘mansion’ will cover itself as long as the wind turbine behaves and keeps generating income.
I’d aim to do the trip quicker than in 2 years, although Chris may wish to not be in such a hurry.
It’s really about my wife, job, Covid, health and the encouragement to get my arse into gear.

Social issues??

That's the only big one if you are confident about the others and they are common with just living in any case.

50 miles and back is a big bike journey for me and my first ride this year was only 10.

Very true. She’s stood by me through some tricky times so I’d be loath to upset her by being unreasonable.

My other bikes are travel limiting to me too. 200 miles is a big trip on the Thunderbird Sport, and I’m glad to get off the sports bike after 50 miles.
The Guzzi is sofa comfy with zero discomfort after a number of miles. Proper old fashioned deep seat with room to move.IMG_1641680676.536018.jpg
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

My other bikes are travel limiting to me too. 200 miles is a big trip on the Thunderbird Sport, and I’m glad to get off the sports bike after 50 miles.
The Guzzi is sofa comfy with zero discomfort after a number of miles. Proper old fashioned deep seat with room to move.

Me on my first ride of the CBR250R in late 2017, the day my younger brother gave it to me, he'd only bought it a month before and never rode it.  As I have a poor circulation in my arms the weight on my wrists gets bad after a few minutes unless I can keep above 50 and let wind pressure relieve the weight. It's relegated to be my shopping bike.IMG-20171026-WA0005.thumb.jpg.3c9b6dda971a4808b46c6fbd4cb387b0.jpg

I preferred the Kawasaki GPZ 305 he had given me a couple of months before. Better power to weight and riding position but the old tyres ruined the handling. The engine packed up on that so I reluctantly scrapped it and my youngest brother funded the MT07  which I use for longer trips.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nepia said:

That's a Band of Brothers!  👍

Yes they were both great. They both looked up to me as the big brother but I bullied them relentlessly :-(. They were both very successful whereas I just managed to struggle through and they both helped me out on numerous occasions. Just me and the youngest left now out of four baby boomers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Yes they were both great. They both looked up to me as the big brother but I bullied them relentlessly :-(. They were both very successful whereas I just managed to struggle through and they both helped me out on numerous occasions. Just me and the youngest left now out of four baby boomers.

Miraculous isn't it, brothers is brothers. Having recently moved I've spent a lot of time with my brothers, blokes I very rarely saw before. The baby boomer amongst us was/is very successful (good luck to him), me and number two rub along.

• Like 2