New timberwolf 150

jack88

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll I've gotta say I'm a proud timberwolf 150 owner, the machine has done me proud. I change the bearings every 6months to keep them fresh and it takes me about 3hrs so no hardship really. Really looking forward to seeing the new chipper. I must say that timberwolf have been amazing when it comes to help and advice whilst servicing or working on my chipper. Keep up the good work guys and I'll be seeing you at the apf

It seems that owner/operators rate Timberwolf more than lads who use them for bigger outfits.

They do need looking after, but they aren't exactly high maintenance compared to women.

The new 150 has helium in the tyres, this keeps the overall weight sub 750.

It weighs 2t with the tyres off.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It seems that owner/operators rate Timberwolf more than lads who use them for bigger outfits.

They do need looking after, but they aren't exactly high maintenance compared to women.

The new 150 has helium in the tyres, this keeps the overall weight sub 750.

It weighs 2t with the tyres off.

It all depends on the experience with the machine, I used a TW150VTR last week and thought it was the biggest piece of scrap I'd ever had the misfortune of using, and I've used a bearcat! The 150 was good for what it was designed for, chipping small amounts of brash from domestic tree surgery. Bigger outfits do bigger work, which requires a bigger chipper, not a chipper designed for chipping a couple of branches from mrs miggins' silver birch that she had reduced

I have the new machine sat on my drive as i type.

After a good look around it tonight i can say im very much looking forward to using it tomorrow.

From the outset the hopper is huge, paddle buttons mounted on both sides of hopper along with hopper mounted throttle lever. The springs on the infeed box are massive in comparison to the 150DBH.

Large angle slope to the rollers also.

4 pot Kubota lump, believe same as fitted to the ST6, biggest they could fit I was told.

Anvil and blades are got to in less than a min, no more torx bolts to clean up before trying to remove them instead its a hefty 22+mm bolt on the back of the flywheel.

Chassis is oversized box section and looks to be to have a longer draw than the 150 had.

Same infeed motors as before, not sure on the pump yet as haven't had the casing off.

LED lighting and i think the finished product will have quick clip plate mounts.

I was asked not to post any pictures until the release day, as much as i want to.

Will report back tomorrow after its had a good workout.

It all depends on the experience with the machine, I used a TW150VTR last week and thought it was the biggest piece of scrap I'd ever had the misfortune of using, and I've used a bearcat! The 150 was good for what it was designed for, chipping small amounts of brash from domestic tree surgery. Bigger outfits do bigger work, which requires a bigger chipper, not a chipper designed for chipping a couple of branches from mrs miggins' silver birch that she had reduced

Well in my opinion your way off. I have had a 150 VTR for 6 years and it's been great. Yesterday I took 4 40 foot hairy connys down and chipped everything up to 6" and it never missed a beat, never blocked. I've done loads of big connys in the past and had it running flat out most of the day without trouble. So I find it hard to take that you think the will only chip a couple of bits of brash?? If the blades are sharp and the anvils are in good order then they are a great chipper.

Hodge

Of course Ed.

I'm not suggesting a 150 is the best choice for filling a grain trailer.

It is what it is.

We filled a grain trailer with mine once, doing a load of connys.:)

Hodge