New timberwolf 150

jack88

I have the new machine sat on my drive as i type.

After a good look around it tonight i can say im very much looking forward to using it tomorrow.

From the outset the hopper is huge, paddle buttons mounted on both sides of hopper along with hopper mounted throttle lever. The springs on the infeed box are massive in comparison to the 150DBH.

Large angle slope to the rollers also.

4 pot Kubota lump, believe same as fitted to the ST6, biggest they could fit I was told.

Anvil and blades are got to in less than a min, no more torx bolts to clean up before trying to remove them instead its a hefty 22+mm bolt on the back of the flywheel.

Chassis is oversized box section and looks to be to have a longer draw than the 150 had.

Same infeed motors as before, not sure on the pump yet as haven't had the casing off.

LED lighting and i think the finished product will have quick clip plate mounts.

I was asked not to post any pictures until the release day, as much as i want to.

Will report back tomorrow after its had a good workout.

Where is your drive Matt?....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eddy they are good chippers if they were as bad as you say no one would of brought them though and as with any chipper with worn out rollers and blunt blades they are useless.. I've used jensons greenmechs and schliesings a well maintained and sharp 150 would run rings around in out put and chipping ability all day.

I'd have liked the chipper if it had the usual fold out hopper, but it had a trumpet-like hopper and the bottom bar was above the lowest part of the chute, so, as it was utilities and invariably involves knobbly, repruned branches, they hooked the bar, stopped the feed and slowed the whole process down. Had it have been similar to a tracked 190, I would have loved it.

Thanks for sharing...hawthorn twigs is ok but do you have any footage of larger branches or deadwood? Thanks.

The 150 as it is handles deadwood and large stuff better than any other chipper I've seen of similar size, on the other hand, ramming it full of thorn brash is a brilliant way to test it!

Hahaha!

Would you buy one?

I really like the sound of some of the new features you described.

Well, looking to sell my 150 early next year so its an option. Was playing chipper Top Trumps today in the van, really is neck and neck between it and the Forst when you weigh up prices, warranties, +e needed etc etc

I've heard the new timberwolf will have a tracked version available around November but don't think they are going to have a vtr as the body of the machine is wider than the 150 is now and so won't be able to narrow the tracks in very far.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App