Uniforms

kev7937

I personally think it is totally unnecessary to wear hi vis at all times. Smart polo shirt with company logo and hi vis when required (i.e site clearance, highways and rail)

Tidying up a hedge at no7 for Mrs Jones, no point whatsoever!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising how many of you are against vests. It's a physical job, in the heat. Wear whatever will make you the most comfortable!

Besides, I'll be judged on my work, not how I look.

(Spoken like an ugly SOB with camp tan lines :biggrin:)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Vests are a no go man, unless you want to look like a gypsy. I wear navy polo shirts embroidered and printed, hi vis vests if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Sums it up well !:thumbup:

Surprising how many of you are against vests. It's a physical job, in the heat. Wear whatever will make you the most comfortable!

Besides, I'll be judged on my work, not how I look.

(Spoken like an ugly SOB with camp tan lines :biggrin:)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Kinda how I feel about vests tbh, I wouldn't consider wearing one out of work but if it's a hot day and makes it more comfortable why not?

What do people think goes through clients heads "Well they did a great job with my trees and cleared up so well you wouldnt know they've been but they were wearing vest's so wont be using them again"

We aren't working in offices, by all means look tidy and respectable when you go to price the job but when the boys are on the job it's up to them. Ithin think. Like Joe said, judge my work, not my looks.

Wear hi viz only when strictly necessary, so almost never. Nothing massively against it, but I've never found a hi viz top that was actually comfortable, and it does look a bit daft...

I think that once you have won the job the client couldn't give a hoot what you wear, the perspective client next door, or passing by the job site could think, " Hmmm, vests, good idea in these hot days of summer"

or, they could think " Supprised they used gypsy's to carry out the work"

You are a walking, talking advert for your company, and so are your employees, and as a wise man once said........." Appearance is 9/10ths of the law"

If my uniforms are high vis, and stand out, drawing the attention of potential clients, or alert a driver to the presence of one of my guys then a little bit of itchy is worth it, grapple some conifer for a few hours in a vest and your itchy anyway:001_rolleyes:

You know your clients and your business and far be it from me to preach, but this is how I roll.

I think the printing makes a difference in the "professional image"

If not on the rail I use a 2 desert tops I got left over from the Royal Navy one of which I cut off the arms.

Hiviz has its places, say operating chipper or trimming a tree/hedge on or near the road.

When entering the drop zone I always look up and try to make eye contact with the climber that way I see what they are upto and they have seen me. I know to well from when I'm climbing that some groundies need to check every inch of ground as they walk and hold the climber up.