my vehicle weighs....

simonm

you think thats bad simon listen this.ive got told to load my van with full gear take it to be weight other week.ive loaded all climbing gear (3 climbers)all lowering gear,3 saws,signs a few hand tools,blower etc plus all 3 guys(9-10-13 stone)ive got 2013 transit crew cab with steel low sides and aluminium chip box on top and got a tail lift too. gueess wot it weight?????? any guesses :) what was the total weight?

Sent from my iPhone using

Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.5t just aint up to this line of work but what with o licence crap snd the post 97 laws its no wonder there's so many vans on the road over weight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

no guesses.anyway believe it or not it weight 3620 :) so no payload at all and over weight

Sent from my iPhone using

Arbtalk mobile app

You got me worried so I just popped our single cab 90t350 tipper on the weigh bridge. Front axle with driver but empty of fuel was 1240kg and total 2380kg so just over the ton carrying capacity depending on load distribution. No point in having the high sides really because the three cubic meters of chip it can legally carry would only half fill the standard tipper body. With the front axle max at 1600kg you would have to keep all of your load over the back axle because with a passenger and a full tank the front axle would be on its limit. POS really :thumbdown:

001_zps01430085.jpg

Bob

and that ton soon reduces when you add

passenger 100kg

kit 150kg if not more

ladders if you use them 50kg

2 stroke and oil 7kg

chipper nose weight 50kg

tank full of diesel 70kg

now the pay loads down to 700kg

trouble with trannys they can take a lot more than their meant too and still not look overloaded

It's hard to beleve that 2 more doors a bench seat can affect the waight so much, my mate got on to fords about the issues with being over wait on front axel with just people on board and they said "we know"

Our Mk7 crewcab is 150kg more than the single cab Mk6.

• 1 month later...

Im running a mk5 transit crew cab. with me, gear and fuel in ive got a payload of just over a ton. Ive not looked at axle wights but i doubt we go home many days under weight.

Ive only got a licence for 3.5t plus large trailer. I have toyed with mounting a chipper on a truck and chipping into a tipping trailer, i could carry more weight legaly but they are access issues as we have a lot of narrow driveways and crap roads on the iow :confused1:

This also brings issues on the days you want the gear but not the chipper :sneaky2:

What the answer is im not sure, hence why im still running the old mk5 transit.

Being over weight is ok, it all averages out as we were empty going the other way :lol: (Dont worry its only a joke)