day rate

vduben

I would struggle to pay over 120 as since the storms there seems to be a lot of "pop up tree surgeons" flooding the marketing and de valueing it by charging peanuts for domestic work!! If every company took a stand and started charging what they should be for there work then I would be happy to pay a good climber what there worth!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to come back round full circle, what do people think is a fair day rate for treework: Climber and groundsman waste left on site, climber, groundsman & chipper, obviously waste removal is more a volume cost and will cost different firms/localities more, so i'll not bother to ask of waste.

I'm thinking that i charge too little at £300/day for the two of us.

I'm just looking to buy a chipper (at the moment I just run through with a saw in a tractor trailer which the farmer charges me £90 a load to take away), but to add onto a job i had £50/day in mind.

I do however live in a bit of a price bubble, on a Scottish lsland, and I know that the tree surgeon over here charges roughly the same. On occasions when a customer has said that one or the other of us is more or less expensive it's usually in estimating the time a job will take rather than our rates differing.

Interested to know if you guys think I'm about right, too steep or too cheap!

You got to think as well... Climbing is hard work, I usually climb two to three hours max, I am rather fast with experience however. 8 hours climbing is flipping hardcore graft (I did 8 hour climbs in my twenties and that where it stays!!) so it's worth £150 easy.

You got to think as well... Climbing is hard work, I usually climb two to three hours max, I am rather fast with experience however. 8 hours climbing is flipping hardcore graft (I did 8 hour climbs in my twenties and that where it stays!!) so it's worth £150 easy.

Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The guy I use for climbing is on €300 a day. He brings his own gear and his own lunch.

We might charge out at 360 inc vat for a self employed climber but I don't pay my regular employed staff that.

Big difference if you are on the books or freelance.

Ty

Ground work is harder for me, rather be in the tree 8 hours gravity takes care of the waste and I just have to push myself around with my legs, some climbs can be tougher.