day rate

vduben

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why a good groundy is worth more money than a good climber. My interpretation of a groundy, is someone who can do anything on the ground, including rescue. The most underrated member of any tree crew.

When a climber gets "good" he thinks he's too "good" to drag, hence goes down the pay scale IMO.

Dead right. Seen it many times.

No single member of a tree crew is better than the others. No one leaves the site until the day is finished, unless they're in an ambulance.

climbers dont drag brash ... they light up a fag and watch you and spend ages sorting out their kit and coiling ropes:thumbup:usually get a hand with the last branch ,thats when they are looking for their cash though!!!:laugh1:

Maybe you should get another climber then mate! I wouldn't have anyone on site looking at other people working !

No one leaves the site until the day is finished, unless they're in an ambulance.

That made me chuckle!

I can picture you stood there watching the lads with a long bar of limb wood in your hand.

Anyone slacking gets it! Lol!

IMO there's an industry wide discrimination against groundies on both sides of the pond.

Whereas climbers get such special attention, as an industry standard, in case they bump their precious heads.

Is there a rescue rope in that tree? Is there a qualified aerial rescue climber on the jobsite in case precious gets in trouble?

But groundies chippin up piles of brush solo usin a whole tree chipper?

Perfectly legal mates. If he chips himself? Too bad. Had he followed proper procedures he'd be alive!

It's the new method of controlling emigrant influxes apparently!

Such a deal at 50 pounds a pop!

Please tell me I'm wrong about this reptilian aspect of this biz in the UK.

That there are ordinances and regulations saying thou shall never let groundies feed whole tree chippers solo?

Jomoco

IMO there's an industry wide discrimination against groundies on both sides of the pond.

Whereas climbers get such special attention, as an industry standard, in case they bump their precious heads.

Is there a rescue rope in that tree? Is there a qualified aerial rescue climber on the jobsite in case precious gets in trouble?

But groundies chippin up piles of brush solo usin a whole tree chipper?

Perfectly legal mates. If he chips himself? Too bad. Had he followed proper procedures he'd be alive!

It's the new method of controlling emigrant influxes apparently!

Such a deal at 50 pounds a pop!

Please tell me I'm wrong about this reptilian aspect of this biz in the UK.

That there are ordinances and regulations saying thou shall never let groundies feed whole tree chippers solo?

Jomoco

I'm not aware of any tree firm that hand feeds "whole tree chipper", over here most tree gangs are using 6" machines, a few have 9", 10" or occasionally 12" machines, any bigger and your generally taking crane or excavator fed.