What tool do you hate the most ?

ArthurBottlesworth

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torx bolts you can remove 9 out of 10 of them perfectly fine but it's always the last one that strips itself. They have a use but manufacturers should not use torx bolts where they will either get dirty,need to be tight or will be exposed to water.

The torx bolts on a timber wolf 150 chipper blades is a good example

Manufacturers use Torx bolts everywhere now because they are easier to fit with machines. If you tap the bit into them before you try to turn them they usually come undone.

Brillant Matt

Can't compare to yours but here's a few more

The socket set wilh the one you want missing. Normally found in the resident muppets toolbox I quote "Its only one what's the problem"

The cross head screw that needs to come out but has been put in too deep and has had a neat countersink machined in the head. Again the resident muppet probably had an input in this.

Welding gloves with a hole you did not know about, but you do now!!!

New brake pads fitted but discovering whoever did it did not pump them to take up the slack.

Workers who ask you to move a car they suposedly have finished then laugh when it does not stop and runs over something valuable

Tools i hate are the odd builder/plumber/electricion that walk right under hazard tape into my work area squeezing past a flat out chipper and side stepping falling brash with a "ime working here as well and in a hurry mate" attitude,

And post men/women who are going to get to that letterbox no matter what,risking life and limb,completely unperturbed by the danger all around them.

Manufacturers use Torx bolts everywhere now because they are easier to fit with machines. If you tap the bit into them before you try to turn them they usually come undone.

Its called waking them up.

slight tap with a punch or nail into the centre has the same effect.

Cheap tools, any really. Can't stand them why make them?

Generally true although those £1 Chinese flexi grabbing thingys for retrieving that little nut/bolt that you have just dropped down the back of a tiny space, and their magnetic cousin at £1.50 are exceptions.

I also have one of those cheap automatic wire strippers which work well.

Generally true although those £1 Chinese flexi grabbing thingys for retrieving that little nut/bolt that you have just dropped down the back of a tiny space, and their magnetic cousin at £1.50 are exceptions.

I also have one of those cheap automatic wire strippers which work well.

them grabbers are great and have a place in my toolbox very handy at times also have a silverline maul the head has fell of lol