What tool do you hate the most ?

ArthurBottlesworth

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW drivers round my way.

It seems that any knob in a baseball cap who sells drugs thinks they can roar around the place carving eveybody else up.

Big tools with (i guess) inadequate tools making up for it with a HUGE engine.

This is, of course, just my opinion. No doubt there is at least one decent person driving a beemer - just never seen one myself.

bmw drivers round my way.

It seems that any knob in a baseball cap who sells drugs thinks they can roar around the place carving eveybody else up.

Big tools with (i guess) inadequate tools making up for it with a huge engine.

This is, of course, just my opinion. No doubt there is at least one decent person driving a beemer - just never seen one myself.

👍 ....

The combination ladder belonging to my father. It's the kind of thing that could be handy, if you actually needed such a thing. If being the operative word. He doesn't, has not needed, has never needed. If you really need a ladder that long, get an extension ladder; if you only require half the height, you just carry one section. But with a combination ladder, you have to carry thee tea weight regardless. And the particular ladder he chose, was a 'bargain'. So it's steel not aluminium and heavy, so very heavy.

Or it could be the tap wrench, built so bulky it can't to used on sinks.

I managed to somehow survive thirty years of old style circular saw bench, tractor driven with a cone screw log splitter in more recent times.

Manoeuvering large logs and bits flying. You were always in the line of fire for saw tips and splinters and the splitter was ready to grab any loose clothing.

Always a worry especially in the wet, no quick method of stopping the tractor and everything had the potential to do a lot of harm or worse.

Ever since I bought a Palax 600 Combi in 1996 I really enjoy the job, it feels so much safer, though I still have to treat the process with great respect.