Daft and irritating terminology used in this industry

Goaty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the old traditional English terminology. The stuff that irritates me is the new American crap.

Issues we dont have sometimes we have problems.

Game of two halves

Float it at the next meeting

Level playing fields

init

for sure

and calling a group of women " guys " although if they have adams apples you can sometimes see why :biggrin:

Over-extended laterals... If the lateral is extended, it doesn't need the "over" in front.

All laterals are extended, or they would just be a twig, there is an ideal length to thickness ratio for laterals, if they exceed this in length, but not girth, they are over-extended, IMO.

"End of" I hate this, if I read a well reasoned argument that make a valid point BUT ends with in "end of", I simple delete the whole thing from my mind.

How can any one be so arrogant that they think they have covered every possible point in any discussion and the discussion is now over???????? NOBS!!!!!

I am glad that these terms are still there.

Much more comforting to hear than terms such as "going forward" for example.

Way too much modern crap in our daily language for my liking. (I am aware that "way" is often over used)

Absolutely! (sorry Dean)

The "going forward" expression is my pet hate, and has a lot to answer for in my humble opinion. Nothing wrong with a bit of staying in the same place from time to time. I would go so far as to say that with a lot of things in the modern world, a concerted effort to "go backwards" might not always be a bad idea.