A Perfect Day….

John Hancock

Just been listening to Lou Reeds – ‘Perfect Day’ in the car and thought – hmm, good idea for an Arbtalk thread…

My perfect day would entail a warm summers day in the Vale of Evesham, going for a picnic with the children, sitting on some lush green grass next to a river and tucking into a freshly baked baguette, cheese and a home-made pork pie. After that a good kick-a-round with a football and then maybe a ice cream on the way home……

Sitting in the sunshine, sipping beer and slowly getting drunk with my Arbtalk friends at Capel came a very close second!

There you go - there’s mine, what’s yours?

ok john boy, this is what i do every day, almost. get up and get alexander his breky and i go to work leaving him to watch cbeebies and mrs shrek and stew have a long lie, i go to work where wee scott has all the kit ready to rock n roll. i drive 15mins in mog and have a lovely cooked breakfast at a nice italian cafe. i cut up some trees, have a laugh and eat some lovely food and drink fresh coffee through out the day. finish for about 3 ish and go home to the smell of my arbmeal, take the dogs out for a walk up the woods and then spend the rest of the night on arbtalk and playing with the kids. if it was going to be better than that i would just be selfish:001_cool:

the day i pack a landrover with saws, climbing gear and the bare living essentials to leave this country for a year or more travelling and working, no plans, no timetable, no permanant companion (unless its a dog!) just a rough route of countrys i want to see, places i want to go, people i want to meet . . . bliss!

Getting into a Helicopter at the break of Dawn and flying into the Southern Alps.Getting dropped off on a ridge at 4000ft and sitting down,listening to the Helo's engine noise fading into the distance.Making a quick brew and starting off on a weeks Thar hunt.

Wake up to find that Blackburn Rovers have won the Premier League, the sun is shining, Lottery numbers have come up and the Kebab shop and my local decide that they want to give me un'limited free lager and 'babs.

I think it could happen....:001_smile: