stress

Just like to say what a great thread this is! The more that's known about stress the better, and reading this thread has made me realise that actually there are a lot of people around me suffering from stress but not doing anything about it.

Myself, I can handle stress pretty well, but my other half has all the classic signs of stress, lack of sleep, headaches and general agitated. She does reckon she's stressed and hence wont do anything about it. Just wondering whether someone has had a similar experience and can recommend the best way to go about getting her to realise she is over stressed and needs help?

Stress is evil, t manifests itself in so many ways. I've been experiencing a horrible prickly sensation lately, couldn't work out what it was. I do three days a week, most weeks, for health reasons. So why would I have this. Yep, it stress related, and it drives me mad. But it's an anxiety stress this time. If I feel I'm late for something, it flares, if I'm in a queue in a shop, or a crowd, it flares. If I get a summons for jury service, it flares, (found this last night). But I've learned a little mind control, if it flares, I stop and clear my mind, whatever I'm doing, and the prickliness evaporates fairly quickly.

Don't ignore the symptoms, get help, let others help you, it will make you seriously ill.

I suffer from anxiety and silent stress(rumination- over thinking things) , my symptoms are swelling of the stomach and over production of stomach acid, take omeprazol daily to counter the acid problem and have slowly working through all issues that cause my stress to flare, mostly financial/business related.

Think I'm lucky enough that I don't have too much stress but have been reading this thread a bit and walked past a quote that our boss has put up in our office, I like it and thought it might help a bit....

The importance of attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, then circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say, or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes."

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Learning to relax can be a difficult thing to do. If you pause for a minute during your day and ask yourself 'am I relaxed?' Chances are, you won't be. During this pause you will probably notice that your shoulders are haunched up and your hands slightly clenched. This shows that your pretty tense, breath in and out slowly, on your out breath tell your shoulders to soften and then to carry that sensation down your arms, inhale and on your next out breath let the feeling travel through your hands and out of your fingertips. This technique of action on the breath is basically how meditation and yoga works.

Look into it and give it a go - you'll be amazed at what it can do for you.