stress

stress sure can suck at times, got issues at work i cant post on open forum but its lead to nearly three weeks of the runs, lack of sleep and generally exhausted, dont get chance to get resolved until next week.

cant sleep properly, loss of appetite and so on.

Thankfully i have 3 weeks booked off at the end of this week but i truly feel for those who also suffering.

Take care everyone

I've just read back through this part of the thread, and noticed your post above. I became "sort of" stressed out, ie every little thing started to annoy me last year, shortly before I became run down. I'd given up the smoking, and was a little more irritable I suppose. By October I was becoming more and more ill, and in in November I was in hospital. Apparently my auto immune system attacked my colon leading to Ulcerative Colitis in a most severe form. Was stress the trigger? Who knows... Even the medical team don't really know what lead to my UC, but a combination of circumstances certainly built up to quite a nasty little problem.

I may have a strong positive attitude to dealing with my ailment, but inside I also have the same concerns and worries as anyone else rattling around my head, right now I'm stressing slightly about the next stage of my treatment and building fitness.

my auto immune attacked my red blood cells

funny how the body works

• 3 weeks later...

is this the longest thread on arbtalk??? ive been reading it for ages.....

some good stuff, some very open and strong people to come and talk about very personal problems and some great help and support given, it helps me have faith in the human race (or at least in the arb community).

i was trying to write about my problems with stress, but they are nothing new on here, i talk to my girlfriend alot, she helps, i take the time to escape and sit and relax, a long walk is always good, turn off the phone, only concern is one foot in front of the other for the next 12 miles, and just dropping back to that pace of walking, helps me slow everything else down, and clear the thoughts in my head...crumbs thats how i ended up deciding on tree work as my career one day when i got lost.... we live in a very intense world just now, information is every where, bombarding the senses at an incredible rate, we have never driven so fast, commuicated so uch, had access to so much technology and entertainment, constantly being tempted by media etc,,,,all it the last 50 - 60 odd years, the human brain took a long time to evolve and adpat to a world that didnt change so much for a rather longer period of time....

I got given a paul mkenna mp3 track called sleep like a log, for those who suffer from sleep problems i recommend it.

life is a journey, but no ever said it would be easy, but no one ever said you cant go looking for some help or help others along the way,

(also smashing up some logs with a big old heavy axe helps)

• 4 months later...

The Norwegian bank have given us until the 30the August to sort out the original 20 seasons loan of 800,000NKR. Refusing to discuss/have contact with us and broke into the home there without informing us at all.

We had the rare work site here in Derbyshire on the market for almost 4 months and no end of timewasting morons. So PM ideas on how to find a sale at the reasonable price to someone in the trade before wasted 6 years of fighting the Norwegian Government (we had sorted the land fraud hassle with the help of the petition) and the dream is finished. :001_rolleyes:

Looking back at my last post in this thread back in March, here I am in August. I'm now thinking that the operative procedure was the best thing for me. Firstly it did save my life. Secondly it really made me re-evaluate everything. I tend to be more chilled about work, I pace myself more (I have too) and I make time for myself more. This I couldn't have done without the op. Stress seems to be a thing of the past now, forever I hope. I see others getting stressed out about work, try to teach them from my experiences, but of course why would they want to listen, it won't happen to them.

• 2 months later...

I have been really stressed yesterday and today, work reasons.

I have been working late and missed my boys swimming night.

Some good friends fixed something I damaged and I was feeling better.

I came on the forum and I recieved a PM from a member saying they really got something from this thread and thanked me.

My stress just disappeared , we work all day for money to buy things we think will make our life better, well I do.

And sometimes all it takes is a little pat on the back. I feel really good that this thread and everyone's input has helped others and now tonight helped me.:)

• Like 1

Me, still chilled :thumbup:

Stevie, what goes around, comes around, and you reap what you have sown :biggrin:

I think it's in our make up, albeit in different ways, that self drive, that obsession with perfection, that OCD, but it's what makes us what we are, we are driven people, we make things happen. Maybe on a large scale maybe on a small scale, but we do. We feed off the stress, most of the time, but there is a fine line, if we tip over that line, the stress feeds off us.

Good stuff Stevie, we went out for a meal tonight and there was a Mark Twain quote on one of the beams

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching"

I thought it was very good.

Edited by skyhuck