stress

Original stress tread was very good, but maybe intimidating to read the whole thing from scratch for a newcomer?

The worrying thing is not realising you are stressed.

Hope you get it sorted Trad, and switching back to the Mags would probably kill you Paul!

I hear you fella . :lol: Although I,m up to watch Stoke at Newcastle in April lol . Should be a laugh . Especially as the makems will beat em first :lol:

Some stress like the buzz when climbing high in trees is natural and fine and one the reasons we continue in this trade.

Due to the Norwegian Government land fraud issue since 2006 we have both now been to the doctors. (I had not been in at all before and no colds for over 10 seasons but was becoming freaked out with the slow actions in Norge)

Serious word of advice:- Stress needs to be sorted ASAP because Andrea now has Auto Immune problems which is caused from chronic longterm stress and "one will never become better and could become worse even when this is finished" she has been told. This make me so :angryfire: B******S. (please excuse the lingo)

We both used to be such no worries people and full on with life and business and often helped others when we could see it was needed.

I know all people have some hassles as a fact of life and most can be sorted alone and some with help from friends.

Take care out there as dangerous to use chainsaws when worried.:001_smile:

Is this true about auto immune problems being caused by stress or are there other reasons. I ask because I had them:thumbdown:

Is this true about auto immune problems being caused by stress or are there other reasons. I ask because I had them:thumbdown:

They can be with long term stress,once you have a condition,stress can also cause a relapse.

Also,a nasty viral infection can shock the system causing ai conditions,and long term bad diet.

Stress is a common factor in a lot of people with some ai conditions,& it can become a vicious circle,stressed by the condition,condition gets worse.

I suffered badly with ulcerative colitis for a few years,nearly lost my bowel.

I had the routine drugs,steroids,(prednisolone),through to chemo for 18 months to supress the imune system, including anti depressants,beta blockers & heavy duty pain killers, it helped with the uc,but messed me up badly so I could not work for nearly two years.

I ditched the drugs & had a deliberate mind & diet change,& have not had the uc (which is with you for life),for about six years.

So you have to deal with the stress,eat well with deliberation,& as far as I'm concerned literaly get fed up with it & decide calmly that you are getting over the condition.

Worked for me,I did use aloe vera in a processed tablet form high in polysaccharides,they are in my opinion a great aid with auto immune conditions.:001_smile:

Docs said auto immune is most often caused from a virus/deep shock/loss of a close loved one/extreme prolonged stress which one has no control over at all.

It varies in different people and if caught soon can be controlled in various methods. A good balanced diet is very important.

Andrea woke up one morning and could not walk/move hands without extreme pain. (diet was fine/bloods checked and fine so was told down to the mental stress of a foreign government office involved in fraud and stealing all we owned whilst a large loan on the house and having to move into a tent on the 30th March which did this)

We have several religious relatives who are high social workers and medical head menders but did not understand us at all (even though been to the place in Norge) and gave no real help which was shocking to experience.

Good music/fresh oxygen/meals with friends and mountain views help me relax.

Arbtalk is also a fine place to blah blah and useful for work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had one of the work times when all goes ................. at least the weather was nice and loaded up with hundreds of small trees this evening. I need a wooden cabin moving from Tamworth area to Matlock area (A5/A38/A6) and it's 16' L and 12' W and 10' H to live in instead of a tent whilst this Norwegian blah blah continues.

Tried several haulage firms and no one can do................ SOS HELP! as not much time until the 30th March.

I'm so glad that my UC was so severe that they just cut it all out. All that messing about with different treatments would have done my head in. Can't beat a bit of filleting to ease your pain :biggrin:.

With that attitude you will overcome most anything!:biggrin:

hi guys, stress has been brought up in another thread so i thought i would start a new one. i suffered from stress for a few years and didnt realise it, its horrible. i started my own business when i was 23 and it was great, loads of money and worked when i liked, but when i decided to BETTER MYSELF by expanding the business and taking on finance,staff and bigger jobs it all got too much for me, it wasnt untill i became a father i had to make a decision, sort myself out or keep digging in the huge hole i had dug, fiancially and in my personal life. i can spot stres i mile off now, so when i see my fellow arbtalkers showing signs i like to give them some friendly advice, everyone suffers from it in some way or another, i went for hypnotherapy. it was amazing. no hocuspocus running around like a chicken, but amazing advice from a professional who then puts your mind in a state to which it will absorb new information, i suffered form irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, insomnia, no energy, anxiety, anger, depression. the works but i caught it just in time. we are all good at cutting trees but what about running your life. talking and sharing is one of the best ways. so let it all out guys n girls:001_smile:

Just read this i feel that ive read the last 2 years of my life, been thinking of alternative methods glad too hear it worked for you

I've just read back through this part of the thread, and noticed your post above. I became "sort of" stressed out, ie every little thing started to annoy me last year, shortly before I became run down. I'd given up the smoking, and was a little more irritable I suppose. By October I was becoming more and more ill, and in in November I was in hospital. Apparently my auto immune system attacked my colon leading to Ulcerative Colitis in a most severe form. Was stress the trigger? Who knows... Even the medical team don't really know what lead to my UC, but a combination of circumstances certainly built up to quite a nasty little problem.

I may have a strong positive attitude to dealing with my ailment, but inside I also have the same concerns and worries as anyone else rattling around my head, right now I'm stressing slightly about the next stage of my treatment and building fitness.