stress

• 1 month later...

Im very grateful that people have shared their experiences of stress related problems on this thread.... I had to sit on the floor the yesterday and close my eyes to try and remove myself from all the current worries i have going on.

I had a tight chest with pain, stomach pain, headache, butterflies, inability to sleep, and i was so worked up that i had physically and mentally lost the ability to speak properly without mumbling and mixing up words.

I'm usually a very positive person with a great outlook, but a long series of events and situations just caught up with me yesterday and took over!

Its great to know i'm not the only one out there, and reading people's share of experiences and soloutions has helped this morning, so thank you guys!

I'm going to take each problem in turn and things will eventually sort themselves out, in the meantime a bit of chainsaw carving and cutting the lawn should cheer me up!!

Sleep havent had a goods night sleep for sooooo long i cant even remember when! thought it was the baby stage at first but it was before he came along (and hes 4 now).

Lately i am have been getting very impatient with the kids, snappy with the wife.

I come home hoping there are no emails from people wanting smoething/anything!

As much as i love the job i almost look forward to bad weather so i can try and convince myself that its dangerous and should not be working!

funny thing is until seeing this thread this evening i had not even considered that i might be stressed! i got good health ( apaart from some flu this week), 2 healthy kids and a wife who loves me. a successful bussiness with my brother (and get on really well with him to), family all back me up with moral support.

Sleep havent had a goods night sleep for sooooo long i cant even remember when! thought it was the baby stage at first but it was before he came along (and hes 4 now).

Lately i am have been getting very impatient with the kids, snappy with the wife.

I come home hoping there are no emails from people wanting smoething/anything!

As much as i love the job i almost look forward to bad weather so i can try and convince myself that its dangerous and should not be working!

funny thing is until seeing this thread this evening i had not even considered that i might be stressed! i got good health ( apaart from some flu this week), 2 healthy kids and a wife who loves me. a successful bussiness with my brother (and get on really well with him to), family all back me up with moral support.

Used to feel the same as you loved the work but hated dealing with stuff.

Saw a NLP partitioner turned my life around and way of thinking. Think this is what Steve referred to in his first post as his hypno post.

A list of their practicer is below.

INLPTA NLP Trainers Association: INLPTA, International, Neuro, Linguistic, Programming, Association, ANL

Feel like i'm having a real rough ride at the moment. Stuck in a rut in life and the things i'm desperatly trying to change are constantly runnning into problems. Just having constant bad luck and can't stay positive anymore. My minds just not with it, couldn't even do a straight forward reduction firday. Someone else had to take over, which hacked me off even more. Had 2 parties i've not been able to face this weekend and just feeling realy low.

Lack of works really getting me down as work=money which leads to some of the changes i want to make in life which will lead to more work and my first proper holiday in 4 years.

A good friend has been going through the motions of stress due to marrige breakdown, money worries and now an evil divorce.

He resorted to this chap Ajahn Brahm ( A Buddhist Monk) you can see him on youtube, if I new how to put up a link i would but if you put in a search you will find it.

There is also a book of his called "Who ordered this truckload of dung".

I had an incident a few months back at work which ultimately could of killed me and several fellow workers, struggled to sleep for weeks couldn't get back into the work and generally felt like jacking the trade altogether, but on reading this book and letting absorb in outlook on life is as fresh as when I first started out.

hope this helps some who have posted on here, even i was quite skeptical about it but its not a load of brainwashed mumbo jumbo just some short stories that make your worrying and stressing in life seem absolutly pointless.:thumbup1:

Guys , I am just in, been out with mates from 15 years ago , they know me as Blair!!the guy who was a bit of a dafty! Not Stephen Blair tree surgeon .

the toughest rules to follow are the ones we hold ourselves too. Gives yourselves a break, you are not managing director of the universe, u are you.

Please just stop and think come Monday morning and just go for a coffee and a roll, the world will still be there, it won't fall apart, trust me :)

I haven't been in a relationship for over three years, I don't have a proper job, I have soddall money, I live in my Dad's home, I've had two breakdowns in the past five years, I watched my mother slowly and painfully succumb to cancer....

I could go on, but you know what? These things don't bother me any more because I have so many things to be thankful for: a loving family, good friends, a (reasonably) functioning brain and body and a huge appreciation for the beauty that's in this world.

I used to get hugely stressed and I allowed it to literally drive me mad. The only way I have managed to get past that is to realise there nothing so important that it is worth that amount of anguish. Whatever I have in life, however small, I am thankful for and all the positives far, far outnumber the negatives.

I'm not sure if this little posting will help anyone going through their own personal hell right now. The only advice I can give is to say that no matter how bad you think things are, they could be heck of a lot worse and that if you look for them, there are many good things in this life :biggrin:

Nice one!

When you make those realisations you soon appreciate what you have even though you may think you have nothing. You still have your health with a roof over your head, running water and electric.

Some people in this world have nothing in comparison!

My advice would be relax, you only get one shot!