stress

Running your own company can be very stressful at times, you need to find your way of dealing with it which may be very different from others.

I suffer when we are busy, but have a good wife to come home to that understands if I'm a bit wound up. A good massage once a fortnight and also I'm finding this forum is a wind down when I get home. (no arse lick intended)

If you have a good team of staff they will learn as and when the stress is coming, and help out so we all pull together. :001_smile:

i too used to go for a good massage once a fortnight until the wife found out !:001_smile:

Well I get stressed pretty heavily too,my own fault for reacting to things that realy are no big deal,they are the ones that get me,the stuff that is worthy of concern gets dealt with.

Never used to give two hoots about any kind of grief,as I get older,(more ancient),things stick in my craw,must be a learning process gone wrong,bit like the proverbial 'picking at a scab',time soon to defragment the old hard drive & clear out some old clutter.

A good start for me if things are getting on top has been to write a short note of how I feel about something(s) that is stressing me out,then look back on it a few days later,or when I'm on top again,to see if I can work out why I got stressed & how I could have better dealt with what seemed impossible at the time.:001_smile:

I am pretty similar now Geoff.

If i am feeling tetchy and impatient my stomch usually tells me.

I will lie in bed and make notes in my iphone with headings.

I start with annoying things, list everything down from the catchy lock on the bathroom door to the pita £10 hedge i would agree to do and havent got round to but the customer calls 10 times a day and i am now dodging the call lol.:001_rolleyes:

Once my list is done, i start to feel better already. Then i make a point of getting them done asap.

I treat it now like the big pile of logs once the tree is on the deck, i always start with the heavy bits, never the light stuff, so if i can do my mental stuff the way i do my physical stuff it makes things better.

I also put a name beside the to to stuff, who i can get to help me.

The lad that helps me, my PA my wife, dad, mum anyone.

By the next day when i wake up usually after some bonkers dreams i look at the list and start deleting the annoying things because they are not annoying me any more:laugh1:

I am a visual person, so getting it into print somehow makes it all better:thumbup:

There is an old Turkish saying that goes something like,'I used to complain I had no shoes, 'til I saw a man with no feet.'

I'm not making that post to belittle the stresses I know people feel. Stress is a strange and misunderstood beast that manifests itself in so many different ways.

Reflexology was and is a way I have of keeping grounded. Also a herbal tea called bedtime tea. It has camomile and other stuff in it. Try a box for a couple of weeks and see how you sleep. It's amazing. It just helps the brain wind down a bit. I've even bought boxes of it for staff members.

I use it every night. Shame it doesn't stop the kids from waking me up though. Easy to get back to sleep.

I've been having a mental time for a while but since moving into new place it's like i've found a new burst of energy and so positive now, a new start.

Also the last few weeks i've heard of people and a close friend are going through much more difficult times than me, it sort of puts things into perspective.

I find writing thing down helps lots too :001_smile:

Bang on Steven,oh,but those 'little hedge jobs' has got me going again...must go get em sorted:001_smile:...

Sometimes If I cant clear my head before I go to bed,I put something silly where I will find it the next morning,like a clothes peg on me tooth brush with a note on it,makes me smile in the morning & reminds me to get a grip on the positive thoughts I had when I stuck it there.:001_smile: