stress

to dodge that very serious situation tony, you could have checked the forecast before leaving the house, got yourself some scuba gear and strapped a canoe to your back just incase. A bit of preperation can prevent a lot of little disasters.:thumbup1::biggrin:

trouble was mr Fish did the forcast i saw and he assured me there would be no Tsunami:lol:

I nearly lost it today:thumbdown: Things have been ok but things breaking down, time off, and money worries have all been nigling however this week i thought things were going my way.1. I got my head gasket and a full service on my truck done running like a dream. 2. I rebuilt a chainsaw that i was told should be binned. 3. I had work in 4. My cousin got his conviction quashed and told that he had been wrongly imprisoned:thumbup1: Then on Friday morning my truck overheats again and things took a turn for the worse again. Water was pouring outta my water pump:angry: My mate said that it was very unlucky that that has gone aswell. So smiled bought a water pump and gave it to him to fix!

Then he phones me this afternoon and tells me that my head gasket has gone again and that its cooked, after only15 miles. I was boiling and hoping mad nearly drove the car off without the little one strapped in! I am still fuming as i just feel i have been robbed and mugged off again and agian! I am not sure if i am stressed or not i just feel numb today really thought i was getting somewhere. but really i am getting no where!

hi james, you can look at problems from a point of view that the world is against you, or take a step back and look at the bigger picture. breakdowns are a complete pita and i have thrown a few tantrums in the past when things used to go wrong. And driving off with the wee one undone is so easy mate, dont blame the truck, the water pump. you can beat yourself up about ' what if '. the fact is, you didnt and she is fine, so you are a great daddy, your world was falling apart, but out of all that, you still made sure your kid WAS strapped in. that wasnt the lowest point of the day, that was the best part of the day. If the wee one is in bed, go and look at her/him sleeping and give yourself a pat on the back for getting them home safe. Now get a pen and paper and write down all your work probs, then write down your solutions to the problems. then put the bit of paper in your work trousers and turn off your brain and chill out. think back to this time last year and reflect on what you had, owned what ever. then think of what you have now. there are the obvious assets that you will have gained, maybe the jobs you have done and the money you have made, but more importantly, your kiddy is a year older, a year bigger and its all thanks to you james.:thumbup1:

hi james, you can look at problems from a point of view that the world is against you, or take a step back and look at the bigger picture. breakdowns are a complete pita and i have thrown a few tantrums in the past when things used to go wrong. And driving off with the wee one undone is so easy mate, dont blame the truck, the water pump. you can beat yourself up about ' what if '. the fact is, you didnt and she is fine, so you are a great daddy, your world was falling apart, but out of all that, you still made sure your kid WAS strapped in. that wasnt the lowest point of the day, that was the best part of the day. If the wee one is in bed, go and look at her/him sleeping and give yourself a pat on the back for getting them home safe. Now get a pen and paper and write down all your work probs, then write down your solutions to the problems. then put the bit of paper in your work trousers and turn off your brain and chill out. think back to this time last year and reflect on what you had, owned what ever. then think of what you have now. there are the obvious assets that you will have gained, maybe the jobs you have done and the money you have made, but more importantly, your kiddy is a year older, a year bigger and its all thanks to you james.:thumbup1:

I agree with stephen.....the fact is that you were together enough NOT to drive off with the little one unstrapped. I've got down the road and realised I havent strapped my little one in his seat. I was annoyed with myself but it is in no way a reflection on how i am or you for that matter is as a parent. We all have a million things to think about. Whatever goes wrong however hard things get just remember what you are truly here for. To love your partner and child/children and do the best that you can for them and for your family as a whole. a gasket is a gasket, a truck a truck.....however hard things get....just breathe deeply and and give thanks that you have a family and you are healthy and alive and in a position to be able to stress about a gasket! chiiiiiiil dude>

the fact that you feel bad and are aware of your little boo boo is credit to your parenting james, thousands of guys across the country will be in the pub and their kids wont have seen them all week. we have a laugh about how sad we are in here, but we are talking with friends in the comfort of out homes(or holiday houses lol) with our family only a few feet away. sean is right, being in a position to worry about a gasket is pretty sweet mate.

a good chat to a good friend and a rant on here and i am fine now will get onto things tomorrow:thumbup1: its only machinary and its what happens, Still have my health family and friends:thumbup: cheers guys

ok.....dismissed......next please