Eucalyptus???

crackoff

Will be looking at removing a large Eucalyptus tree from my garden soon, and wondered if there is anything specific I should know about them that will make the job harder, more dangerous, or if they have any strange characteristics, like snapping early into a cut etc...

Also, have heard they make great firewood, but know nobody with a real fire, so whats the best way to get rid of the wood/logs???

Cheers in advance.

I,ll have the wood. No seriously it is good to burn hence the fires that rage in the outback of Australia. A lot depends on the age and condition of the tree to say how easy or difficult it will be to take down. Height and position to hazards too. And hey climb safe out there.

Twickenham area... will post up when I start bringing it down and have a reasonable pile for collection if anyone wants it...

It will definitely be a slow take down, 1, because I have very little time to really dive into it, and b, as its a big fella, with plenty of opportunity for unplanned drops.

As I'm just coming back into it, I will be using it to reaquaint myself with ballet dancing around tree limbs at height and getting rigging working properly. Hopefully, it'll give me enough strange drops to get me thinking about how I used to do it...