Chinese chainsaws - anybody done proper reviews

ArthurBottlesworth

Cheap will be poor quality no matter where it is made.

The quality of Chinese manufactured goods will continue to rise as multi-nationals invest in their manufacturing industry.

What is a £500 Chinese chainsaw? It is called a Stihl or Husqvarna!

STIHL Production Floor Area in Qingdao, China, Almost Doubled | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chain saws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China - All Members List

• 2 years later...

Well to restart an old thread I ordered Tuesday lunchtime a Timberpro 20" 60cc saw with Oregon chain and bar, it was delivered the following morning at 10am. Two year warranty and offer to replace the saw if it cant be fixed. Ok so I have to pay the postage £6. Now for under £100 I have a 20" saw which if the reviews of the warranty are accurate will last two years minimum. Yes it is a Chinese build, yes the plastics are thin, but for a hobby user, and wannabe miller this is a cheap viable option.

Assembled and oiled it up, the adjuster is a little rough but it fired second pull, I have run it a while to bed in and adjusted the chain, goes a goodun!! Change from a 100 beer tokens got to be worth a try. Time will tell on the saw but the company, and customer service were excellent.

They have there place, would I earn my living with it... No of course not but for what I need I cant justify a pro saw.

Ducks and awaits torrent of saw snob comments. lol.

hi i have a chinese saw sold in this country as The british mower company,this saw is for domestic use, buy i have been using it for commercial firewood sawing for 5 years only problem recoil spring broke and chain and bars as you would get with any other saws.As for spares the importer keeps all spares and they arive next day delivery.

IF you google the british mower company there is a youtube link.

thanks chris

I've had a fair few Chinese saws, my first was a 45cc 18"er that cut 30 corde of firewood in a winter and was used for my business work, it lasted 12 months and earned it's money before the lady start fell apart and became uneconomical to repair.

The second literally fell apart after after a branch landed on it from a glancing blow from six feet ( casting defect that held the coil in place)

I have a dolmar clone that has been a good cutter in a real dire emergency when I needed a saw to clear some storm damage whilst my ms391 was in for a service

the build quality over a few years has been come leaps and bounds but they still rattle themselves apart if used heavily but I shouldn't complain to much as I usually have to fix them for my clients that won't pony up for a stihl

I was talking to some guy a few years ago who bought 90hp tractor from china at half price of massey

Said tractor was ok but importer useless, he contacted china direct and said spares delivered in 3 days .......

Our local thai orders veg from thailand on tuesday, delivered on pallet at end of week

Its a shrinking world ....... But I just want to know peoples views, not looking to set up a business or anything........

Bottom line seems to be nobody knows......

I use an American company for one of my other passions and they have sourced out one of there product lines to China at first there were loads of problems with quality control and cheap knock offs, ten years later the second product line is now well established and can carry itself.

i if there's someone who wants to have a cheap quality product made in China they need to hold the manufacturer by the hand and not look at the bottom line.

Is it really worth it probably but it's just finding the right company or someone with the money and passion to follow through

Can you see one of the big company's diluting there brand by branching out to China ???

• 3 weeks later...

I did do bit of work with people importing Chinese motorcycles - but the problem was they had to buy a 40' container full and they simply bought the cheapest - perhaps we are not getting access to the best quality chinese stuff ?

Perhaps someone needs to jump on a plane and go and see what Chinese professionals are using ?