Gonna build me a tractor shed!(hopefully)

chris hennelly

There is a height restriction to get under planning- I think it's around 3m???

One to check.

If using onduline then ply shutter the roof first otherwise it sags in no time:thumbdown:

There is a chap in bloxworth in dorset who sells poles they used to be about

£35 +

Make sure you post some pics- boys and sheds:lol:

Onduline on that size/type of building is not a good idea! Wriggly tin, yes. Box profile tin in an unobtrusive colour would be best.

Don't forget to allow for the weight of a heavy snowfall. I've seen a few sheds done on the cheap with collapsed roofs. A minimum 20 degree pitch will help. 35 degree is better.

codlasher.

No neighbours....get on and build it, any probs go for retrospective planning.

If you tried to get planning on this you are more than likely going to be refused.

As above and to quote a phrase used by a friend

"'Tiss Better to Beg for Forgiveness than to Ask for Permission"

Bob

Not sure on planning as we had to have it for ours due to being in a national park but pretty sure building regs don't apply. As others have said don't use Onduline as very weak. I like the box profile as so easy to work and fix down and a local supplier makes made to measure lengths so no joins :thumbup: Can't find the pictures but they are in this thread http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/65134-advice-rebuilding-barn-my-new-yard-2.html

......after ten years,really really going to build a tractor shed.

Probably 40 feet by 20. On 3 acres and no neighbours.....

Would like to use telegraph poles sunk 3feet deep with a pitched roof onduline finish.

would appreciate advice whether planning and building regs would spoil my plans........regards, chris

I helped out with a pole barn and rather than have the timber in contact with the ground we went with a steel cross shape concreted in and then set into a slot in the beam.

We took a 3 foot length of 10 inch wide 3/8 plate and welded 2 pieces to form a cross about 10 inches from the top for the bottom of the pole to sit on.

The cross was let into the pole by cutting a slot and secured by bolting through it.

The steels were galvanised so should last indefinitely.