Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

people who smoke all the time just think they arent affected...in actual fact they think they are not affected because they need to be stoned just to feel "normal" again, anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves. im speaking from experience too.

personally id walk off site now before working with someone doing drugs.

:congrats:

Just proves the point doesn't it. The drug has so much control that they think they are in control if not better. Laughable.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... here's a thread I never expected to see...?! Seriously, some of you get high then get high?!

I used to smoke A LOT of weed many years ago when I was at college and I would never dream of smoking anything any time even approaching work, let alone during.

Unless you're getting ripped off and supplied with crap then I'd hazard a guess that any perceived ability to do your work as well / better than when straight is most likely the weed.... and not so much reality....

I guess I can see the benefit of reducing disco leg on the odd occasion, but that seems like a flimsy argument to me, I am genuinely amazed that some of you do it!

I'm not passing judgement, I am just astounded.....

Not forgetting that weed is actually illegal, so doing anything illegal at work surely can't be deemed as professionally acceptable.

I have nothing against people that choose to do it in their own time though, I tried it a few times in my teens but it never appealed to me.

YAWN its illegal, un-profesional, stupid, rude, anti social, sad, pathetic, disrespectful to those you work with, and who's property your working on both drink and drugs can have serious long term effects on your health and when you do mess up i doubt the insurance company will have much sympathy for you, and if you hurt someone i doubt when they rinse you dry through the court for every penny you have that judge will give two hoots that you thought you were relaxed and you climbed better.

Would you get into a plane for your holiday if you knew the pilot was of his trolly?

Used to always get tested, worked on the tunnel for a bit on machines, had to.

Don't know about tree work, but anything that will change a state of mind while operating any form of machinery is foolish. Plus if you do have an accident and go to hospital they are going to pump you full of painkilling drugs, the worst would be morphine, this would lower you heart rate and if you are on dope that has already lowerd you heart rate.

Plus how would you look at it if you were doped up and caused an accident that killed a work mate?

I know someone who can sort you out if anybody wants anything?

:lol::lol:

I have a fair knowledge of drugs and people who have and do take them regularly.

It doesnt do you any good at any time and if you are doing it at work it is wrong and you have a habit.

I agree that alcohol is one of the worst to abuse and I am as guilty as the best of them.

All I can say is I get more sensible as get older and I think most generally do grow out of it, but I have seen peoples lives ruined.

THE DRUGS DONT WORK, THEY JUST MAKE IT WORSE!!!

When I started out as a groundie my employer told me what I now think was a little fabrication but it was effective; If you ever turn up in A&E as the result of an accident at work the docs will take a blood sample to be screened for drugs/alcohol. If its positive the insurance company will hear about it and thats you screwed.

I was young and impressionable but its stuck with me!

a neigbour of mine worked on a big building project were they had CDT, they usually diid about 30% of the workforce, on one occasion i think at the start of the project over half failed and were fired.

I personally have no problem with been tested, had many a test whilst in the army, my best mate is an airline pilot and they get tested. It seems to me this job is dangerous enough, why make it more dangerous.

Some may say its harsh because they had a spliff on a friday night and its still in the system 30 days later, but if it gives me piece of mind that people on the site are in as healthy state as they can be then I am happy, and dont have the worry that if it goes tits up that i am covered and they are, like people have said if the insurance company think the accident is caused by someone on dope or whatever they will sure as hell not pay out and then where are you all left