LogPro - FREE Biomass Firewood Kiln

Duffryn

keep calm Duffryn i agree with ash it helps the smaller business grow and offers potential with the customer winning and having quality logs all year round , how many of us run out of firewood before it even snows, i am new to this game and got into it after having a load of crap delivered 3 years ago, i rent a unit have limited space and am growing each year quite rapidly, very innovative duffryn i will be in touch to work out all costs good and bad.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i"ve heard rumors that it could reduce as early as this febuary

Thankfully if it does reduce it will only by a small percentage and as you probably know once the site is approved the rate at that time is fixed and index linked for 20 years regardless of any further reductions in the RHI. Seems like the government learnt from the fiasco with Solar where the scheme was just shut off without notice.

Having received the nice glossy data sheet in the post and haveing read everyone's opinion, I would be interested if I had access to 300t of timber to make it work. I've got the space and capacity but not the timber. The government in my case Welsh assembly need to support this initiative but ensuring supplies to local wood merchants rather than sending timber down the M4 to be blended with coal and burnt to produce "green energy" Forestry commission Wales have stopped supplying me and I'm now tendering against the biomass industry, which I can't compete. Perhaps Log pro could work with the Assembly to get a guarantee from WAG to supply Log pro users with wood. I certainly couldn't invest unless I had a sustainable, local source of timber, it's ironic that I have timber from as far away as Surrey yet I'm on the edge of the Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and looking out of my window surrounded with over 800 acres of plantation!

I'm only doing 125t this year and will scale back next year, I'm only doing "posh wood" from now on!

Would it work for a co-op of small firewood merchants?

I would like the opportunity to come up and see one in action. I also remove over 150t of timber from Cardiff bay, process it on site and send it off to flat holm island, there might be an opportunity to get the local authority on board, burning their waist wood to creat dry wood for the islands boilers, now I'm sure there's mileage in that!

timberbear

You have a dig with the phrase "green energy" but lets be honest burning lots of wood to dry some more wood is not exactly green when a year and some fresh air would do the same job.

I have considered building a kiln but to claim grants to waste a valuable resource seems almost immoral.

Not meant as a personal dig just a comment on a crazy system.

Edited by Woodworks

Having received the nice glossy data sheet in the post and haveing read everyone's opinion, I would be interested if I had access to 300t of timber to make it work. I've got the space and capacity but not the timber. The government in my case Welsh assembly need to support this initiative but ensuring supplies to local wood merchants rather than sending timber down the M4 to be blended with coal and burnt to produce "green energy" Forestry commission Wales have stopped supplying me and I'm now tendering against the biomass industry, which I can't compete. Perhaps Log pro could work with the Assembly to get a guarantee from WAG to supply Log pro users with wood. I certainly couldn't invest unless I had a sustainable, local source of timber, it's ironic that I have timber from as far away as Surrey yet I'm on the edge of the Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and looking out of my window surrounded with over 800 acres of plantation!

I'm only doing 125t this year and will scale back next year, I'm only doing "posh wood" from now on!

Would it work for a co-op of small firewood merchants?

I would like the opportunity to come up and see one in action. I also remove over 150t of timber from Cardiff bay, process it on site and send it off to flat holm island, there might be an opportunity to get the local authority on board, burning their waist wood to creat dry wood for the islands boilers, now I'm sure there's mileage in that!

We have our work cut out rolling out lot's of LogPro's and whilst I share your frustrations we are not able to help fighting causes with the WAG I'm afraid.

A cooperative would work though the agreement itself has to be with one business or person.

Our demo unit will be available from the middle of January and you are more than welcome to come and see the unit working. Just email us using the contact us form on our site.

timberbear

You have a dig with the phrase "green energy" but lets be honest burning lots of wood to dry some more wood is not exactly green when a year and some fresh air would do the same job.

I have considered building a kiln but to claim grants to waste a valuable resource seems almost immoral.

Not meant as a personal dig just a comment on a crazy system.

Lets be honest, we all know that bio mass is not green when it comes to burning precious wood and crops to produce energy, especially when large tracts of forestry are being felled especially for bio mass. If there are those with surplus amounts of waste then I think it's a good idea, in the same way as sawmills burn there waste for heating etc. the problem is if we are not embracing this idea then there will come a time when the east will supply all our firewood needs felling there virgin forests to get there hands on cheap sterling!

I too would rather see tax payers money spent on other things, like short rotational cropping etc but if its there then we use it. Infact I believe there will be major timber shortages in ten or so years.

I never take anyone's comment as a dig as we are all grown men and woman all with a point of view. Valid reasons will always sway opinions and I'm a listener.

We have our work cut out rolling out lot's of LogPro's and whilst I share your frustrations we are not able to help fighting causes with the WAG I'm afraid.

A cooperative would work though the agreement itself has to be with one business or person.

Our demo unit will be available from the middle of January and you are more than welcome to come and see the unit working. Just email us using the contact us form on our site.

Thanks or he reply, if WAG don't take our comments and concerns on fuel wood supply then there will be no wood to dry!

I'll email you in the new year.