LogPro - FREE Biomass Firewood Kiln

Duffryn

If anyone is currently selling kiln dried logs at a serious premium, then this has a lot of potential to increase profit. Take that, Certainly Wood! :lol:

Horses for courses. Good luck with it.

Thanks ! Even if the kiln dried logs are not sold at a premium Log Pro increases returns and profits. The key point here is that fuel'd by firewood processing waste and given that the kiln is FOC kiln dried logs need cost the firewood producer no more than air dried logs. In fact when you take into account the release of cash invested in drying stock (and the cost of this) they could actually cost less. Plus no more missed sales through running out of seasoned logs.

Whatever your thoughts about Certainly Wood, you have got to admire the way that they have taken the market, LogPro is a market leveler.

Edited by Duffryn

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have these in Sweden but they use very little wood (1m3 per week)

The calorific value of a certain type of wood is the same everywhere and so to generate x amount of heat takes x amount of wood.

Our boiler is 85% efficient, I am not aware of the Swedish version but can only assume that it cannot be drying the same volume in the same time ?

I see the benefit of having the ability to season on demand however the company I help out process around 450t a year of hardwood, the only time kiln drying would be considered is when we are getting low on stock,

ive had a brief look at the website and this is my concen / view,

at this point in time (ie low on stock) I cant see where the 7.5t of seasoned wood comes from to fuel the kiln? I have noticed very little waste timber kicking around in the yard even after a summer of processing..

that 7.5 ton needed per week may only have cost £40-£50 per ton but has a value once split of £1200 (15 m3 @ £80.00 a cube) or in bags £1365 (21 bags) this does mean if you needed to burn what could be saleable wood its actually costing £30 per cube to dry.. as the kiln needs to be run for 9 weeks to comply this could equate to a running cost of £10,800 per year plus electric for the fans (£350) giving a total of £11,150.00

this in unless you have 70t of waste to fuel it?..

im not trying to be an arse or pick holes just my view..:001_smile:

Edited by Boy English

I see the benefit of having the ability to season on demand however the company I help out process around 450t a year of hardwood, the only time kiln drying would be considered is when we are getting low on stock,

ive had a brief look at the website and this is my concen / view,

at this point in time (ie low on stock) I cant see where the 7.5t of seasoned wood comes from to fuel the kiln? I have noticed very little waste timber kicking around in the yard even after a summer of processing..

that 7.5 ton needed per week may only have cost £40-£50 per ton but has a value once split of £1200 (15 m3 @ £80.00 a cube) or in bags £1365 (21 bags) this does mean if you needed to burn what could be saleable wood its actually costing £30 per cube to dry.. as the kiln needs to be run for 9 weeks to comply this could equate to a running cost of £10,800 per year plus electric for the fans (£350) giving a total of £11,150.00

this in unless you have 70t of waste to fuel it?..

im not trying to be an arse or pick holes just my view..:001_smile:

If you had a fixed supply of green wood and cold not buy any more

then your right the opportunity cost of the fuel would be higher than £40. HOWEVER The beauty of LogPro is that you can purchase more green wood at say £40 a ton and covert it into kin dried wood worth a lot more in less than 3 days for less than £10 a ton - here the cost of the fuel is £40 a ton because there is no opportunity cost. If you run out of 20% m/c fuel you just dry a load of fuel in the kiln (be it processor waste or logs). Our boiler will accept straw as a fuel but it is not accredited for this yet and so we can not permit it to be used as fuel. I cannot see where we mention straw on the website ? I hope this helps ?

quoted from the main page??

"Using one of our kilns you would buy rapeseed straw (£20 a ton) or timber (£40 per ton), running for 9 weeks would cost you £1,475 using rape seed straw and £2.950 using wood."

but then as you've mentioned it also says

"Whilst the boiler in the kiln will accept other forms of biomass such as old pallets, rapeseed straw and scrap wood, the use of these alternative fuel sources is not acceptable under our kilns accreditation under the RHI scheme and is therefore not permitted"

:confused1:

does this generate elecricity or are you just measuring heat generated

also what if we are off grid does this count us out

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

No this does not generate electricity but does require a 2kw single phase mains supply see LogPro - Frequently Asked Questions for further details of why the power supply is required.

I'm really sorry but without a mains supply we could not provide you with a LogPro.

quoted from the main page??

"Using one of our kilns you would buy rapeseed straw (£20 a ton) or timber (£40 per ton), running for 9 weeks would cost you £1,475 using rape seed straw and £2.950 using wood."

but then as you've mentioned it also says

"Whilst the boiler in the kiln will accept other forms of biomass such as old pallets, rapeseed straw and scrap wood, the use of these alternative fuel sources is not acceptable under our kilns accreditation under the RHI scheme and is therefore not permitted"

:confused1:

Whoops an error on our part we will get this corrected on Monday.