Climbing in Class A's

Timber Tom

It does seem to me that there is a great difference between the council-type arborist, and the employed/self-employed. I have worked for several companies over time, and to "slack off" because of the heat or any other reason would be highly frowned upon, and in fact if you couldnt stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, there's plenty more folk lining up to take the work. We would push hard all day, regardless of conditions, then fit in another job on the way home. Now, this doesn't mean its the right way, as Mr Hancock points out, but its the reality of our world. To finish an hour or so later on the day would be a pita too, the days were long enough anyway!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it get's really hot I generally slip into my Speedo's.

I guarantee it improves your work positioning.

Seriously, this summer I'll try and get on the deck as quick as possible then switch from Hiflex (which I think are at the thinner scale of Type C's) to shorts and semi-legal NZ chainsaw chaps.

Easy for me as an owner though. If I was a balls-out contract climber I honestly don't know which choice I'd make.

I find on those days when it does get really hot it's not possible to go hard all day anyway.

I think this just requires a little common sense, if you are new to climbing I would recommend that you make use of the highest spec ppe available.

If you have been climbing for over 10 years without ever cutting your trousers I don't feel its unreasonable to consider yourself experienced enough to use type "A"s.

your post does not tally very well with your line about luck.

You need to read it again.

It's called "sarcasm", the "failure" will claim success is down to luck as an excuse for their lack of success.

I can see I am going to have to change it to something a little simpler. :001_rolleyes:

Maybe " I've been lucky, but its funny how the harder I worked the luckier I got"

You need to read it again.

It's called "sarcasm", the "failure" will claim success is down to luck as an excuse for their lack of success.

I can see I am going to have to change it to something a little simpler. :001_rolleyes:

Maybe " I've been lucky, but its funny how the harder I worked the luckier I got"

dave is sarcasm aloud on arbtalk :thumbup1: