God bless the Polish!

Eastern

Had a massive job on this week clearing a very large fallen gum. rootplate completely out of the ground.

Finished the job Wednesday leaving about 4 truck loads of wood to collect today which i had arranged to do with the customer.

there was large stack of rings ( 3 man lift on each) and a large pile of the crappy dirty roots.

Got to the house this morning to find all the crappy sections of root where gone! Leaving just rings, the customer said he had a knock on the door from a polish chap asking if he could have them for free? Customer said yes and 10 mins later a people carrier turns up with 3 women, 2 blokes and a trailer....

apparently they filled the trailer with the roots then filled the car!! front passenger seat aswell!

Saved me hours in loading and tipping, customer had told them they coulndt have the rings also as he thought i wanted them, had visions of them stacking them on the roof!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did a 2 dayer the other day in poole, maritime pine( God bless the Turkish)

guy turns up ask if he can have some wood, no probs I say. 5 ford galaxys later on the springs, reckon it hold more than my transit, later on pops back case of Stella and 2 bottles of 7 up......that's the way forward!!

We used to do some work on a site in late 70s early 80s clearing willow. A retired Polish farm worker always used to ask us for the wood which we burnt on site.

He came along with his cart made from an old pram, roped a load on and walked three miles to his cottage all day long. He spoke little English but would repeat; 'beautiful vood, beautiful vood'. Lovely chap.

I met a guy several years ago you owns a large commercial Arb firm. He said he tries to only employ Polish and Kiwis because the British are useless.

He's quite right.

I have a Polish guy on my my team and he's great although I should add that's because he's a good man, not because of his heritage.

There are good and bad people in every country.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

Gotta love the polish, about a year ago our yard was attempted to be broken in to, But we were informed of a land rover at our gates so went for a look and caught a guy and his gf who said they were only pickin flowers. Even tho the bolts on the side of the shed were removed so they could look inside. Anyway police come took them let them go usual story.. a couple of weeks a go the same bloke was caught breaking into farm buildings by the polish worker who beat him half to death with a shovel. What goes around comes around.

I met a guy several years ago you owns a large commercial Arb firm. He said he tries to only employ Polish and Kiwis because the British are useless.

He's quite right.

I have a Polish guy on my my team and he's great although I should add that's because he's a good man, not because of his heritage.

Just because you are British does not make you lazy. There are plenty of east europeans sat on the dole with no intention of doing a days work. There are a lot of super hard working ones that will never loose their work ethic. There are a lot of British like that too just most are probably self employed now so you dont get the chance to employ them.

He's quite right.

That has to be the most contradictory post I've ever read :confused1:

Did a 2 dayer the other day in poole, maritime pine( God bless the Turkish)

guy turns up ask if he can have some wood, no probs I say. 5 ford galaxys later on the springs, reckon it hold more than my transit, later on pops back case of Stella and 2 bottles of 7 up......that's the way forward!!

Yep ford Galaxy again!!

I forgot to add the female Poles that came to help were lifting huge sections and just slinging them on their shoulders to carry them, the client said he had never seen anything like it!

wish they had left a number for future reference :biggrin: