bowl turning thread

se7enthdevil

can't say i like the lid of these but nice shapes.

Was that necessary :001_huh:

Someone posts pictures of some beautifully crafted bowls and the first thing you come out with is negative. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but manners are the preserve of everyone.

Great work Mr TWig :thumbup:

Edited by Woodworks

Someone posts pictures of some beautifully crafted bowls and the first thing you come out with is negative. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but manners are the preserve of everyone.

i'm sure terry is happy to receive my opinion (as that's all it is) and i'm not slating it as far as i'm concerned as he is an excellent turner that turns out some gobsmackingly good bits, i just don't like the lids.

if these are to be perceived as bad manners then sorry but i do tend to speak my mind. i believe it's bad manners to say you like them when you don't.

I have turned a lot of things and not liked them but certainly I have been to a lot of shows ect and I rarely actually like 20% of things.

But would rather have honest views

They look lovely pieces and certainly I would of been proud of them

Do I like them though?

On this occasion yes :thumbup:

Last night I made an quick Apple and then my mate made 1

I prefered his and sadly so did he:blushing:

Thanks for the comments guys , Not every person will like every thing , that is why it is good to make a wide range of things , It does not bother me if 7 devil is not a fan of the lids and am sure he was just offering his opinion rather than a criticism , and things can come across differently when written than when spoken . I often just like to explore what I can make with all the various woods readily available as Arb waste before it gets burnt !! I have made some things in the past which I do not like that much myself but someone has bought them , other times something I really like does not sell , and some pieces I like so much I keep !! Terry .....

Edited by devon TWiG

Likewise though my wife does seem to like burning my turnings if there are too many on the sideboard

Brough a nice bowl in a while ago and asked her what she thought

Too big to fit on the fire was her reply:confused1:

Likewise though my wife does seem to like burning my turnings if there are too many on the sideboard

Brough a nice bowl in a while ago and asked her what she thought

Too big to fit on the fire was her reply:confused1:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a feeling our wives would get on like a house on fire!

By the way I love the two little pots Terry. The bottom one is my favourite with a very suitable lid for your namesake!

Hi all - Well I finally finished the two Field Maple burr hollow forms that I mentioned a few weeks back, so I thought I would post the results of the first one. The two photos are the same form just front and back.

Having turned these burrs, I would love to turn some more. So if anyone on this site is taking down any Field Maples with reasonable sized burrs on it please send me a message. In fact if anyone has any burrs from any trees I would still be interested in purchasing them!

Many thanks for your interest

Pan

Thats lovely. Just out of interest, how much would you charge for that? I wouldn't have a clue!