Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would calculate the cost of the timber, then wait and confront them giving them option to pay for the timber plus the cost of your time apprehending them or facing the police.

Then give them a hiding for good measure anyway, love a good scrap. In fact might go out in town tonight, I always get started on!

re timber being nicked simple buy a smartwater pen mark the end of logs eg cross watch them take logs bound to cut ends off and take to car take reg phone the countrywatch team and they will get nicked as your dna postcode will be on timber. will not have a leg to stand on in court. needs stopping or they will just carry on as if its ok

I've had same problem near Newstead abbey. Problem was they were caught red handed buy the woodland owner. They had carried them a short distance, over a fence and loaded up a truck and trailer. Was told to return it or pay for it or the police would be called. What made it funny was that it was only big knotty pop. So they worked there bits off for nothing. Trail cam works best and some cctv warning sighs. Theres a chap at Eakring that sells them

If you report it will the police turn up and if they were to turn up and catch them the courts would just give them a small fine. I have seen some really bad crimes in our local area that the police have put a lot of time effort and money into solving for the perpetrator to just get a few hours community service must be very frustrating for them.

May be drill a few pieces out and put some .22 blanks in I know a few who have done this and had no more problems.

Its alright doing that but what if the logs are being sold on. Some poor innocent sod is going to get hurt. I leave all my knotty pop and coni near the gate. Make em work for what they nick. If not get the media involved, the police will soon get involved