Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

Are the Government figures the amount that are caught or the amount that they estimate are on the fiddle? :001_smile:

I have no idea, but i suspect the Gov figures are a lot nearer the mark than the sensationalist media would have you believe, end of day you either believe all you read or you don't:001_smile:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea, but i suspect the Gov figures are a lot nearer the mark than the sensationalist media would have you believe, end of day you either believe all you read or you don't:001_smile:

I'm just going by my own observations. I had one guy working part-time for us PAYE who had worked out just how much he could earn and still claim the maximum possible in hand-outs. He had no interest in working for us full-time as he was working cash in hand as well. Unfortunately, his position became full time so he left and we took on a very keen lad instead. :001_smile:

Please tell me skyhuck if they are not on JSA what benefit you are referring

too?:confused1:

WOW, really you don't know???

You really are showing your ignorance.

JSA is the very lowest benefit a previously employed person can receive, most are on "Income Support", "Housing Benefit", "Council Tax Relief", "Child Benefit", etc, etc.........

As I posted earlier there is now a cap of £500 per week, many were on much more.

I'm just going by my own observations. I had one guy working part-time for us PAYE who had worked out just how much he could earn and still claim the maximum possible in hand-outs. He had no interest in working for us full-time as he was working cash in hand as well. Unfortunately, his position became full time so he left and we took on a very keen lad instead. :001_smile:
In that case you did in fact come across one of the wasters and i am pleased you found a great lad as a replacement:thumbup: its just that i find it sad that some tar all with the same brush.

WOW, really you don't know???

You really are showing your ignorance.

JSA is the very lowest benefit a previously employed person can receive, most are on "Income Support", "Housing Benefit", "Council Tax Relief", "Child Benefit", etc, etc.........

As I posted earlier there is now a cap of £500 per week, many were on much more.

Yes Sorry for showing my ignorance, not my field of knowledge as i worked hard all my life, although from what people i know tell me that are working F/T for the NMW "Income Support", "Housing Benefit", "Council Tax Relief", "Child Benefit" is the only way they can survive,are they to be held with the same contempt? (Child Benefit also paid to well off people regardless of income so i suppose they are on Benefits as well?) My point is dont tar all with the same brush.

Yes Sorry for showing my ignorance, not my field of knowledge as i worked hard all my life, although from what people i know tell me that are working F/T for the NMW "Income Support", "Housing Benefit", "Council Tax Relief", "Child Benefit" is the only way they can survive,are they to be held with the same contempt? (Child Benefit also paid to well off people regardless of income so i suppose they are on Benefits as well?) My point is dont tar all with the same brush.

Not any longer those who are higher earners (not sure of the figure, around £45k I think) are no longer entitled to Child Benefit.

Yes those on NMW may well be entitled to some benefits, but they will not be getting any where near the £500 cap and they are obviously not scroungers as they are working, it could be argued that its their employer who is being subsidised?

But unfortunately there is a quite a large sub culture of people who think we who work hard to pay our own way are mugs and that sitting home doing as you wish and just waiting for the "free money" from the state is the way to go, many are 4th generation, never worked, no intention of ever working.

Anyway back to the subject of this thread. So I'm driving up one of my local A roads and see the remains of a large fallen beach tree laying on the wide grass verge. There are some nice limbs to go at with the saw if I so desire to fill my truck up. Not done so, but would I be theiving it if I did so or is it fair game?

Anyway back to the subject of this thread. So I'm driving up one of my local A roads and see the remains of a large fallen beach tree laying on the wide grass verge. There are some nice limbs to go at with the saw if I so desire to fill my truck up. Not done so, but would I be theiving it if I did so or is it fair game?

Just ask yourself one question. 'Is it mine?'. :001_smile:

Or to put it in philosophical terms "if a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it, can I have it ?" If it's still there six months later still lying at the side of the road I would be tempted to help out with it's removal (it's a Beech not a beach tree I assume)